Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 01:10 pm
I recently saw the DVD by James Cameron "The Lost Tomb Of Jesus" It is a documentary. There were some surprises such as the symbol on the tomb facade of a chevron turned 90 degrees to look like a mountain top and a circle in the belly of the mountain. Could it signify a burial on Mountain such Mt. Zion? The circle could also represent a sun which at that period of time may have represented a diety of some sort.

The intriguing part was of the Mariamne ossuary being found in the family tomb of Jesus. The probabilty of a family tomb having the names of Jesus, Joseph, Mary are rather high so it is in all probability that of Jesus' family. It also can be inferred that Mariamne was Mary of Magdalene. She had to be Jesus' wife in order to be buried in the family tomb.

The woman who was stoned and rescued by Jesus has been identified as Mary Magdalene. Was she a prostitute? I doubt it as the Old Testament has often portrayed other religionists as prostitutes i.e. whoring with other gods. So prostitute really meant worshipping more than one God. She was a preacher of some sort but her teaching that was abhorent to the other Jewish religious sects of the day such as the Pharisees, Sadduces and Hasmoneans. Could she have been preaching Jesus' teachings? The experts in the panel of the documentary suggests she was on par with the other disciples and could have been a co-leader of the Nazarenes. She was important to Jesus as she anointed Jesus' feet with her hair and was also at the tomb on Jesus' death.

There is he possibility that Jesus had a son with her and was left unnamed to protect him from assassiation. The young disciple who at the Last Supper and whose ear was cut at the Garden of (Gethsemmen?) could be the son. Also, Jesus addressed Mary as 'woman' on the cross was meant for his wife to look after their son.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,362 • Replies: 18
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:17 pm
@talk72000,
I bet Cameron could re-tell that same story in 3D with blue aliens and get billions for it.
talk72000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 02:53 pm
@rosborne979,
There were new details such as the chevron, the ossuary of Judah, son of Jesus and X mark that later turned into the Cross. James Cameron left the documentary for those who wanted to pursue the matter further. The chevron and the circle could mean the Mount of Olives as olives are round. This was the scene of the 'end of the world' as the messiah had arrived.

The unnamed young disciple could have been Jesus' son in the Last Supper and in the Garden of (Geth Semmen ?) where the young fellow got his ear cut off. Also, Jesus referred to Mary as "woman" i.e. his wife not his mother.
panzade

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:09 pm
I'm fascinated by Mary M
rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:11 pm
@talk72000,
Since there is insufficient evidence to conclude that Jesus even existed, further speculation about the details of his unproven existence seem particularly adventurous.
Francis

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:14 pm
@panzade,
I knew that you liked the filles de joie.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:23 pm
@rosborne979,
The Tomb does prove there was a family with Jesus or Joshua, Joseph, Maria (Mary), Brothers, Matia (Mathew), Jose ( Joseph), Mariamne (Mary of Magdala). The odds of this beingthe family of THE Jesus are high.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:31 pm
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:
The Tomb does prove there was a family with Jesus or Joshua, Joseph, Maria (Mary), Brothers, Matia (Mathew), Jose ( Joseph), Mariamne (Mary of Magdala). The odds of this beingthe family of THE Jesus are high.

Maybe. I'm a tough skeptic to convince (about most things). But that's just me.
talk72000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:42 pm
@rosborne979,
There is a professor of statistics who figured out the odds of a family with these names of Joshua, Joseph, Maria, Mariamne, Matia, Jose, Joshua, son of Joshua.

The signs of the X symbol, the chevron symbol identified them as Nazarenes who followed Jesus but maintained Jewish customs i.e. circumcision, not eating pork, obeying the Sabath, etc.,
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 03:57 pm
wouldn't the tomb have had a sign on it saying 'THE CHRIST'S'?
talk72000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 04:22 pm
@mags314772,
This was not the Christian era yet. The Romans were there looking for insurrections and troublemakers. Jesus' followers were also persecuted bythe Jewish authorities.

The Chevron was a sign probably meant to show he was the christ in a hidden and symbolic manner. The Chevron was the mountain and could refer to Mt. Zion.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 02:17 am
@talk72000,
Quote:
There were some surprises such as the symbol on the tomb facade of a chevron turned 90 degrees to look like a mountain top and a circle in the belly of the mountain.
THAT looks like what the free masons have always claimed as their symbol linking them to the temple.
Quote:
it is in all probability that of Jesus' family
Lets not be hasty. One of the osuaries was handled by a man who later went to gaol for artifact forgery.
Quote:
She had to be Jesus' wife in order to be buried in the family tomb.
No, but she had to be Jesus wife to be going up the hill to annoint his body as described in the Bible. This involved nakedness and was done only by a wife or in the abscence of one, by the mother.
Quote:
So prostitute really meant worshipping more than one God.
No, nowhere in the Bible does it call her a prostitute. That is a medieval invention to quelch rumours she was Jesus's wife.
Quote:
She was important to Jesus as she anointed Jesus' feet with her hair and was also at the tomb on Jesus' death.
In the Dead Sea scrolls it describes an essene marriage ceremony where the wife will do exactly that. I addressed the tomb scene previously.
Quote:
and could have been a co-leader of the Nazarenes
A Nazarene was someone who took a vow to avhieve something, like Samson let his hair grow as a sign of his vow. They werent a group but rather a term for a degree of dedication.
Quote:
Jesus addressed Mary as 'woman' on the cross was meant for his wife to look after their son.
No, He was telling his mother that she would be looked after by someone who wouldnt let her starve. You adopt out mothers when you are dying, not sons.
kuvasz

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 06:02 am
@talk72000,
I would be less concerned about real estate and focus on the message that Mary could have carried. A woman's perspective in a man's world could provide insight in to the teachings of Jesus and the Gospel of Mary might do that to folks more inclined to be sympathetic to a Gnostic interpretation of the message of Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Mary_Magdalene
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:16 am
There have been other Magdalene threads here. I have . . . somewhere in about 20 boxes of books, so don't count on me to find them today . . . at least two books on Magdalene (La Madeleine in French), one by a woman religious writer dealing with debunking the Magdalene myths and the other exploring artistic representations of Mary Magdalene.

This wiki entry is more inclusive than the one posted above:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

There is a legend that Mary and two other women sailed from the Middle East after the Resurrection and landed in what is now southern France. Wiki says she established a church in Marseilles. Now, there is also an ancient Celtic legend of the Greek origin of the city of Marseilles. The Greek intruder won the love of the daughter of the native ruler. This is part of the body of Sovereignty Goddess myths.

Obviously, there was some sort of goddess worship . . . and, no I am not a Wiccan, and not a neo-pagan . . . in that part of Europe. France has Black Madonnas as does Poland and other nations and gypsies arrive every May to conduct a parade in honor of this southern French black Madonna. That both the Magdalene myth and the Marseille origin myth overlap at least demonstrates how persistent this myth was.

Dan Brown and his wife capitalized on the popularity of the myth to produce their version of it which has since become two movies. Before the Browns, the events that are included in their book was the subject of two popular French television shows. There were also several books on the subject, beginning with some by that rascal Jean Markale and the more famous Blood and Sword thing.
Ionus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 07:12 pm
@plainoldme,
The Herod family retired to southern france when they were kicked out of Palestine by the Romans. Once there was no competition for the King of the Jews between the Davids and the Herods, it is quite possible they were on friendly terms. A situation where survivors of Jesus's family went to stay with the Herods is believable especially as there was a large jewish population there.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:32 pm
@Ionus,
In the documentary they stated that it was not the Masonic symbol. There is a circle or hole below the peak of the chevron.
Ionus

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2010 08:51 pm
@talk72000,
The oldest masonic symbol has the pyramid shape and the all seeing eye of God (ex-Horus) which is on the US dollar bill. If they say it isnt, I would like to know what they base that on because it sure looks like it. It may not be it, but there is enough similiarity to not exclude it.
talk72000

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 03:12 pm
@Ionus,
Here is the picture of the tomb and the picture of the tomb with the conical roof like carving jutting out and the circle.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html

You can join the discussion in the Discovery forum.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2010 08:49 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Since there is insufficient evidence to conclude that Jesus even existed, further speculation about the details of his unproven existence seem particularly adventurous.
That is exactly how anything is proven. First you speculate...
0 Replies