So, Islands Are Like the Tops Of Under Water Mountains

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 04:24 pm
During a House Armed Services Committee hearing in March 2010 concerning the U.S. military installation on the island of Guam, Johnson said to Admiral Robert F. Willard, Commander of U.S. Pacific Command, "My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," to which Admiral Willard replied, "We don't anticipate that." Johnson later claimed that it was a metaphor. The video of Johnson's comments have since become an internet sensation.

best idiotic statement since Sheri Shepherd and her lack of knowledge on the state of the globe (or disc)

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,382 • Replies: 10
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 05:37 pm
@djjd62,
Islands are formed by many different means besides just volcanic ejecta.

Ill bet Johnson will be able to see Russia from his island as it begins to rise up in its overturning. What was it a metaphor?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:14 pm
@djjd62,
When I first heard rumors of Johnson's comments I though he must have been joking. After watching the video, I'm not so sure.

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:31 pm
@rosborne979,
He really believes in "continental Drifting" . I think he sees islands as big icebergs
dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 07:34 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

When I first heard rumors of Johnson's comments I though he must have been joking. After watching the video, I'm not so sure.

I think he was quite serious.
Diest TKO

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2010 10:36 pm
http://29.media.tumblr.com/MRcXpQ0mrkyjk85gNXTLc2Ivo1_500.jpg

T
K
Our time is over...
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:22 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
He really believes in "continental Drifting" . I think he sees islands as big icebergs.

I thought the same thing... when I was seven years old.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:24 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

rosborne979 wrote:

I think he was quite serious.

And that lady on that clip from The View apparently doesn't know the Earth isn't flat. And she doesn't think it's important to know. She just wants to feed her kids.
djjd62

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 06:42 am
@rosborne979,
sherri shepherd is a dope

rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:08 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:
sherri shepherd is a dope

Is this the best that daytime TV can do to represent "coffee hour" with "the girls"?

Somewhere I assume, there is a group of senators sitting around talking about capsizing islands. How come we can't get THAT on TV. Now that would be fun. Maybe people would start selecting their senators with a bit more background information (or maybe not).
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2010 08:46 am
@rosborne979,
I think many people would start a movement in support of that Senator, complete with teabags in their hair
0 Replies