Computer goes too slow

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 06:53 am
Everytime I use the internet, my computer uses 100% CPU Usage and takes a while to load... Any suggestions to fix this? Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,382 • Replies: 6
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 06:58 am
@IronMan2007,
The obvious first question, do you have well-maintained anti-virus/malware software? If not, this is the first thing I would do.

Other then that, for anyone to help you will need to provide more information.

How old is the computer? What OS is it running? What is the processor? How much RAM? What kind of Internet do you have (dialup, cable, DSL)?

0 Replies

nailcutter

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 03:19 pm
first delete your temporary files,for this go to start menu then click run ,then write there "temp",then you will see the files.You can also re install the OS,then your PC would be faster.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 07:21 pm
Malware and not performing routine maintenance can often account for slow computer operations. In addition to the suggestions already made, you can use the Disk Cleanup Utility in Windows to get rid of unnecessary crud (forgive the technical term), take the time to delete old or unused files (or save them to disk and then delete), and then defragment your hard drive.
0 Replies

polis

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 03:46 am
mmm...interesting, thanks for info
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 04:13 am

I probably need more RAM.
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:11 am
Something to check is the number of applications that load on startup. Many applications, to make launching them quicker, will partially load just in case you might need it (media players are notorious for this). Some will load an update finder when you boot.
0 Replies