What Was The First Question You Asked on An Internet Forum?

Wilso

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 07:25 am
Something about the Sydney Olympics.
0 Replies

rufio

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 09:41 am
I think it was something about Christianity being too conservative for today's world - youthink.com.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 09:53 am
About 18 months ago on Abuzz. We have two Dynapower-Stratopower Hydraulic Start Pumps at work, and I needed to find out if they were still in business, or had been bought out by another company. A rotating equipment engineer and I spent several days surfing the web trying to glean any information, but came up with goose eggs.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:38 am
June/July 2000-Abuzz
Anyone know good lawyer?

With prodding from a gal pal who had kept telling me to check the place out. After that..I just seemed to never leave the place.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 10:56 am
Sept 2000-Abuzz
Did anyone see the Hendrix movie on Showtime?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 08:02 am
internet forum does that include mailinglists?

cause thatd be waaaay too long ago to remember - somewhere in, 1993 it should be.

probably something about eastern europe - i was only on e-europe-related lists for many years. dont remember which was my first list - mighta been "balt-L", or "hungary" or "mideur-l" ...

i always avoided forum sites like these here, though - i mean bbs and so on. cause they seemed to be more like chatting (and i didnt do chatting either), posts were so short.

abuzz seemed different tho and so i stuck around and kept posting. that musta been autumn 2000 - when we got adsl :-)

i wanted to look up what my first post was but abuzz seems to be offline. has it finally 'given up the ghost'?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 08:29 am
yeh googling up my own name i can find a balt-l posting of nov 1993 ... that cant have been my first one, tho, cause i had my first modem at home in june that year.

(damn - the things you find that way, btw - it seems i wrote entire essays for some of these lists, and 90% must have simply gone now - i mean, its not like i saved any of it on my computer or something ...)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 03:32 pm
OK ABuzz is on-air again so I got to look up at least what my first thread on there was ...

I was kinda hoping it was, "What made you smile today?", but the first of those ones only came on Dec 3, 2000.

So, ahem, yeh, my first question - Nov 5 - was in fact: "governed by political dynasties?" (as in the Kennedies, Bushes, Gores, Doles etc)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2003 04:01 pm
What is the best heirloom tomato variety?

Abuzz, Wed. April 18, 2001. I had been lurking for a year. Then again, I had used BB's for years before that.
0 Replies

shoesharper

Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2003 11:31 pm
It was on Abuzz, and I asked which direction the Statue of Liberty faces. I got about 10 responses, and most all of them were different. So I still don't know which direction the Statue of Liberty faces. But does it really matter? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 03:59 pm
My first question was asking if anyone else thought that the insanely long fingernails some women wear are the modern day equivilent to foot binding.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 12:03 am
Abuzz was my first forum (june 28, 2001) and I asked some dumb tech thing about posting, I think. But my first question of substance got NO answers. What a stallwart to stick with it.... The question was about Corgies, but I forget the specifics. I remember being amazed that no one supplied me with corgi information. It was, after all, a question and answer site....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:02 am
My first non-business question was on Abuzz. I think it was about murdering lawns.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:07 am
I asked how to pass a drugs test! And I did pass as well!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2003 11:09 am
My first "real" question on an internet forum was about some confusion in the MOD "Rumsfeld's Office Reverses China Ban" on May 3, 2001.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 10:52:53