What Was The First Question You Asked on An Internet Forum?

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 11:40 am
Before A2K, the first internet forum I joined was Abuzz. I was nervous as all get out the first time that I posted a question.

It was about a bottle of champagne that I had sitting in the back of my closet for decades. I wanted to know if it was worth anything. The concensus of opinion was that I should just enjoy the stuff, and forget about making a fortune on the bottle. I think that the bottle is still there.

What was the first question you ever asked on an internet forum?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,419 • Replies: 34
No top replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 11:42 am
Where am I? This doesn't look like www.large breastedstewardesses.com.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 03:00 pm
If you could change the name your mammy and daddy named you, what would you choose? Abuzz: April 13, 2001
Ceili
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 03:17 pm
Grace or Law ?

Have you given much thought or consideration about Grace? For the Modern Christian having accepted the promise and salvation of Jesus Christ, (implies receiving grace) do you think that the law of the Old Testament still rules most Christians lives? In daily thoughts, beliefs, and living? Dec 4, 2000
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 03:21 pm
My #2 on my B-Day
America's Promise

What do you think about America's Promise? A national movement capable of advancing the
health and well-being of the next generation.
But, we all must take responsibility and get involved to make this a reality. If you have
not noticed America is having problems. Are you as an Citizen of this Country up to the challenge?

The Alliance for Youth is building the character and competence of youth by mobilizing the nation to fulfill Five Promises for young people:
1. Ongoing relationships with caring adults - parents, mentors, tutors or coaches;
2. Safe places with structured activities during nonschool hours;
3. Healthy start and future;
4. Marketable skills through effective education; and
5. Opportunities to give back through community service.

Related Link: http://www.americaspromise.org/index.cfm
Dec 29, 2000
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 04:24 pm
Something about corn being the wonder drug of the digestive sytem.

And from there, greatness was born.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 04:38 pm
24th January 2003. Was lured in by Littlek who promised computer help. The site delivered, I did buy a new computer based on suggestions I got here. Stayed ever since.

"err, hi all. this is the roommate in question. i am very grateful to you all, albeit quite frustrated and exhausted from looking already. i will sleep on it and tomorrow! yeah, tomorrow i think i may own a new shiny dell (but of course)!"
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
lol I remember Dag's 'puter question!

Jeez, my first on-line "forum" were old BBS's and then in Internet Newsgroups. It's been way to long to even think about trying to find something.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:17 pm
I think abuzz was the first forum I visited and my first Q was about, you geussed it, where to meet men. Somethings never change.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:22 pm
And still askin'...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:24 pm
sigh
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 05:49 pm
It's ok, tiger.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:00 pm
gee thanks, bucko
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:01 pm
Hmm I was on Usenet and this is going to betray my geek roots BIG time. It was a Quantum Leap group and my question was:

It's supposed to be either God or fate or time that's leaping Sam around. So, which one is it?

This was some time in the summer of 1997.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:05 pm
haha! So, which is it?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:10 pm
I think we concluded it wasn't God, but after that we were kind of stumped. And then someone suggested Ziggy (the good computer) and Lothos (the bad computer) were one and the same and I was definitely in a geek element to end all geek elements.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 06:24 pm
whoa
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:42 pm
jespah wrote:
Hmm I was on Usenet and this is going to betray my geek roots BIG time. It was a Quantum Leap group and my question was:

It's supposed to be either God or fate or time that's leaping Sam around. So, which one is it?

This was some time in the summer of 1997.

I wish I could remember the fido or something thing I was in - about all I remember was that messages went around in packet batches - on my 286 computer with a 2400 modem a long long time ago.
0 Replies

Heliotrope

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 12:23 am
I really can't remember what my first question on a forum was as I tend to answer other people's questions first and not ask anything myself. Much like this really.
I suppose this betrays the vast ego-maniac I am.
Ohhh well...
Razz
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 07:16 am
This was the first question I asked on Abuzz April 6, 2000.
civil rights
Why does the Waltham school system keep pushing an awful drug like Ritalin on our kids and the parents wind up accused of neglect if they refuse?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What Was The First Question You Asked on An Internet Forum?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 07:52:52