Inspiring the Next Generation of Leaders . . .

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2010 09:10 pm
i have no idea who discovered my name and address and how, but, I received a letter today from "People to People International" run by Mary Jean Eisenhower, Ike's granddaughter.

P to P wants me to recommend students (middle and high school students . . .thank god I now teach at a community college) for the 2011 conference at which the speakers will include Laura Bush, Ari Fleischer, Sarah Ferguson, cokie Roberts, Capt. Jim Lovell of Apollo 13, and Dr. Hamid Al-Bayati the Iraqi ambassador to the UN.

Also speaking will be Sean Covey who wrote a book called The 7 Habits of Effective Teens. What these kids are effective at doing, I have no idea. Hmm. Sounds a trifle Andy Rooneyish.

Harvard professor and US NEws and World Report Editor-at-Large David Gergen will appear on the roster as well.

The next two speakers are a tad unusual. Mike Ditka and Bill Bradley. Mike Ditka of duh Bears. What has he to do with anything? Bill Bradley? Why is he in with this crowd? I actually voted for him in a presidential primary once.

This is the most unusual piece of mail I ever received.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,274 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JTT

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 08:10 pm
@plainoldme,
Quote:
Laura Bush, Ari Fleischer

What will they add, how to lie with either side of your face?
plainoldme

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 08:26 pm
@JTT,
Well, they certainly have the experience. Obviously, this is a young Republican leadership course.
0 Replies