Last night I had the strangest dream

cavfancier

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 08:32 am
I have a bit of a sore throat, that is true....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 08:35 am
Confused
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 01:26 pm
Quote:
Last night, I crashed a bus.

The bus represents a female (sometimes heard as "that filly looks like the back of a bus!"), an ugly female, and she has given you the come on, hence the crash! You could not control yourself and hopefully no damage was done to your crank shaft.
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
I think the interpretation of dreams lies in what you were doing the day before,
the week before,
what was in your mind when you went to sleep,
and any mental issues you may have.

Also important - who was it that was getting creamed? You? Your kids? Strangers? How was the dream presented? What was the feeling in the dream?

I can probably assure you that my dreams are stranger than anyone's on A2K. Some of them are unmentionable. And they almost always occur in the house in which I was raised, haven't lived there in quite some time.
I don't get nightmares unless I'm really upset and stressed, thank goodness, because once I had terrible nightmares for a month and couldn't sleep. My dreams are sort of... artsy and dada-esque, with this looming forbidden far away scary quality. They often involve people I know as characters, sometimes people Iv'e seen once, say, walking in the airport. They often involve silly unrealistic landscapes and somewhat coherent plots.

Anyone here ever had a "chapterbook dream?" Like, you'll dream part of a story one night, and the next night or even years later you'll pick up where you left off, and continue on with the story?

Also, is anyone here aware of dreaming in black and white vs. color?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 05:50 pm
Last night I was playing snooker, outside, on the ground, and rats were stealing the balls.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2003 05:52 pm
Please - let us by all means NOT go THERE!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 06:07 am
Portal Star wrote:
I think the interpretation of dreams lies in what you were doing the day before,
the week before,
what was in your mind when you went to sleep,
and any mental issues you may have.

Also important - who was it that was getting creamed? You? Your kids? Strangers? How was the dream presented? What was the feeling in the dream?

I can probably assure you that my dreams are stranger than anyone's on A2K. Some of them are unmentionable. And they almost always occur in the house in which I was raised, haven't lived there in quite some time.
I don't get nightmares unless I'm really upset and stressed, thank goodness, because once I had terrible nightmares for a month and couldn't sleep. My dreams are sort of... artsy and dada-esque, with this looming forbidden far away scary quality. They often involve people I know as characters, sometimes people Iv'e seen once, say, walking in the airport. They often involve silly unrealistic landscapes and somewhat coherent plots.

Anyone here ever had a "chapterbook dream?" Like, you'll dream part of a story one night, and the next night or even years later you'll pick up where you left off, and continue on with the story?

Also, is anyone here aware of dreaming in black and white vs. color?

Didn't know the person. I went riding underneath him on my motorcycle, following someone else on a bike I also didn't know.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 06:08 am
Spent 7 hours doing physical chemistry revision today. Ought to make for some interesting images.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 09:09 am
Those dreams are actually mild compared to some of my dreams. Has anyone ever dreamed that they've killed someone? I have those dreams every now and again. My biggest task in those dreams is trying to figure out what to do with the bodies.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 04:31 pm
Montana wrote:
Those dreams are actually mild compared to some of my dreams. Has anyone ever dreamed that they've killed someone? I have those dreams every now and again. My biggest task in those dreams is trying to figure out what to do with the bodies.

3 times. Woke up feeling so guilty I wanted to go and turn myself in to the police.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 07:05 pm
Now Wilso is talking about killing people in his sleep? Hmmmm, maybe my Jeffrey Dahmer comparison was apt.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 08:45 pm
I have some vague memory (all my sentences are starting like this lately) that driving an out of control vehicle represented some subconscious feeling your life is out of control.

Makes sense to me. During a very stressful period in my life, I kept dreaming I was trapped in the back seat of an out of control car. I kept trying to reach over the seat for the steering wheel, or the brakes, but I couldn't reach them. Confused

"Life out of control" sounds so general--like we imagine wilso walking on rooftops in his pajamas, muttering or something... It doesn't have to be so drastic. It could be as simple as an uncoming test you've subconsciously placed a lot of importance on--or a date that you're sort of pressuring yourself about--or an interview-- You're possibly anticipating an event, which bears more significance than the event itself. And you have no control over the outcome.

Anyhoo, at least you're not dreaming about stacking up murder victims... :wink: I'd like to know what's been going on with Montana recently... Very Happy

My worst nightmare: It is a cryptically cold, wintry, night landscape. It is from my vantage point, slowly panning the dark, snowy forest and field... Suddenly, a loud flapping of wings in my face. Some huge snow owl is just flapping wings very close to my face.

That one scared me worse than falling, crashes, chases and monsters. Can't figure it out. Never had a bad bird thing...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 09:51 pm
Wilso wrote:
Montana wrote:

3 times. Woke up feeling so guilty I wanted to go and turn myself in to the police.

I wake up feeling scared because in my dream I'm afraid I'm going to get caught. The people I kill in my sleep deserve to die, so guilt never comes across me Twisted Evil

Sofia
No worries, I only kill one at a time ;-) The last dream I had like that, I ended up putting the body in my garden, LOL!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 03:38 am
Sofia wrote:
I have some vague memory (all my sentences are starting like this lately) that driving an out of control vehicle represented some subconscious feeling your life is out of control.

Makes sense to me. During a very stressful period in my life, I kept dreaming I was trapped in the back seat of an out of control car. I kept trying to reach over the seat for the steering wheel, or the brakes, but I couldn't reach them. Confused

"Life out of control" sounds so general--like we imagine wilso walking on rooftops in his pajamas, muttering or something... It doesn't have to be so drastic. It could be as simple as an uncoming test you've subconsciously placed a lot of importance on--or a date that you're sort of pressuring yourself about--or an interview-- You're possibly anticipating an event, which bears more significance than the event itself. And you have no control over the outcome.

Anyhoo, at least you're not dreaming about stacking up murder victims... :wink: I'd like to know what's been going on with Montana recently... Very Happy

My worst nightmare: It is a cryptically cold, wintry, night landscape. It is from my vantage point, slowly panning the dark, snowy forest and field... Suddenly, a loud flapping of wings in my face. Some huge snow owl is just flapping wings very close to my face.

That one scared me worse than falling, crashes, chases and monsters. Can't figure it out. Never had a bad bird thing...

I've certainly got a test coming up that I've placed a lot of importance in, but there's nothing subconcious about it-I'm very concious of it.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 03:21 pm
Maybe that's it, dearie.
Good luck with the test!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:19 pm
Spent all night last night dreaming about going to uni for the test today. Now that it's over, wonder what I'll dream about?!?!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2003 07:22 pm
We'll be waiting with anticipation :-)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:00 am
In last nights dream I missed work because I spent all day either sitting in a stock brokers office, or searching for said office.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:56 am
last nights dreams involved death. Not me doing anything to anyone, but some very unpleasant things going on. Very mixed up and convoluted, with at least one person close to me dying.
Not very pleasant at all.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 07:59 am
Hmmm...
Are you eating spicy food before bedtime?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 03:09:52