Have You Had a Halloweeny Experience?

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 07:54 am
I've got Halloween on my mind. Can't imagine why. The ghosties and ghoulies and whatevers will be howling.

Have you ever had the kind of frightening experience that defies explanation? Shocked The kind that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand at attention? Shocked The kind that gives you goosebumps? Shocked

Let's share our bizarre and other-worldly experiences.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,524 • Replies: 30
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:04 am
Last year I heard a knock on my door and opened it to find this guy standing there...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:upCMYl6rL_sC:www.123.cl/canales/noticias/img/homosexual.gif

It had nothing to do with Halloween, just some dude passing by, but that's all I have for now.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:15 am
Gus querido, I had a strange, inexplicable, other-worldly feeling that you would respond to this thread.

Hey, I know that guy. I think we were in second grade together. Whoda thunk he's end up ringing your doorbell for no apparent reason.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:20 am
His name was Bert Jefferson. He was a traveling salesman. If I remember correctly he was selling antique looms. We had a pleasant conversation, a cup of coffee or two, and then he had to move on. I never did buy a loom and I never did see him again. Who would have ever guessed that you knew him?

Small world.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:26 am
Many years ago, a friend and I got pretty drunk and pulled out a Ouija board. He wanted to contact his girlfriend who had commited suicide. I pretended to channel her spirit and he asked all sorts of questions like "why", "what did I do", that sort of thing. Then he just started bawling. Good times...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 08:29 am
yes indeedy. very small.
but i have one for you, roberta, and it is very recent. some two weeks ago i had a very strange, very vivid dream. my boyfriend's father (we live together and i am very close with his family), who died 12 years ago in a heart surgery, came throught the mirror and stood next to my bed. didn't say anything, just observed me with this warm, understanding look, as if he wanted to tell me something. it was strange, but i didn't think much of it. later that day i learn that my own father had a near death experience at about the same time - he fainted, without any pre-warning signs, just dropped down, hitting the curb with the back of his head. turns out he has a heart arythmia and now he got a cardiostimulator and is doing ok. but when i put two and two together, all my hair was standing up and i was quite shaken for days.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 11:14 am
Prom Night....a long time ago....after a nice dinner, we took a drive down a very dark deserted road at 3:00 am. The electrical wiring on the car started burning and we halted to a stop in the pitch dark, right in front of a cemetery. This particular cemetery was the subject of a woman's murder two weeks later. Her body was found propped up against a headstone.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 02:53 pm
Gus, It's nice to know what's happened to old friends.

Cav, You pretended? Are you sure?

dagmarka, Yipes. A definitely creepy experience. I can understand why you were shaken.

colorbook, Insert theme from the Twilight Zone.

I've got one for you. My cat Miranda died in April. I adopted a new cat (Mikey) in August. He was born on the day that Miranda died. He had settled himself at the foot of my bed while I was getting ready to go so sleep. I laid down and rested one of my feet against him. About a minute after my head hit the pillow, I felt a cat jump on the bed. I knew it was Miranda. I sat bolt upright and turned on the light. Mikey was down at the other end of the bed with a big tail, looking like something scared him. I was frightened wide awake. So much for a good night's sleep.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 03:12 pm
Roberta, I would like to think I did pretend, but to this day, I really am not sure.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 03:30 pm
I've heard lots of stories about those Ouija boards, Cav. I wouldn't mess with one for anything.

My only spooky story; exwife were playing cards and on impulse as far as I know, she asked me to take a card out of my hand and put it face down on the table. She called it exactly. Now, I would put nothing past that woman (we weren't playing for money), but I did the same with a card from her hand. We never tried this again. Maybe we were afraid it wouldn't work again. Maybe we were afraid it would. Things like that leave you with a strange feeling, if you know what I mean.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 03:51 pm
Oh man...

Last night I was half asleep, and heard a banging noise in my closet over and over again. I'd wake up, and it would go away. I was too scared to do anything, didn't want to put on a light, move, or leave. This morning, I was leaving my room and I heard a faint banging again. I was scared.

Today, I remembered: some chick I met the other night, I tied her up gimp style, threw her in my closet, and forgot about it. Now I look back and laugh.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:02 pm
Thinking
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 02:25 am
cav, Makes ya stop and think, n'est pas?

Roger, I've had similar experiences with people I'm close to. They're always a bit unsettling.

Slappy, you charmer, you.

Montana, No rush. Halloween isn't until Friday.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 09:22 am
Anyone looking forward to Art Bell's 'Ghost to Ghost' on 'Coast to Coast' tomorrow night? I might miss it as we are having guests over. Submit your personal ghost stories and they may make it on the air.

www.coasttocoastam.com
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 1 Nov, 2003 09:59 pm
Bert Jefferson?? My gawd, we served in the Panama Zone Army National Guard together! Sure is a small world. So he's selling antique looms door-to-door now, eh? Hmmm.
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 10:55 am
Actually--Yes I have, maybe.

A few years ago, while I was still living at home, I awoke in the middle of the night to hear a basketball game on the radio--problem was, when I woke up and asked if anyone was up. The answer was no.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:03 pm
Neo, A ghostly basketball game? Are you sure you weren't dreaming?
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:21 pm
Maybe I was. I'll never know.

Though my mom says if you smell smoke and coffee that my late grandpa's around.

PS. I do believe in ghosts and won't run over a crow(figure that one out!)
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sun 2 Nov, 2003 09:22 pm
Maybe I was. I'll never know.

Though my mom says if you smell smoke and coffee that my late grandpa's around.

PS. I do believe in ghosts and won't run over a crow(figure that one out!)
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2003 06:52 pm
You won't run over a crow???? I'm glad to hear you're into breaking for birds. I have to assume that there's an additional meaning in your statement. I'm at a loss.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Have You Had a Halloweeny Experience?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 10:26:21