Enders Game Quartet

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:41 pm
Comments on the quartet, individual books, Shadow series, characters philosophies anything involving the Ender books
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 10:31 pm
I read Ender's Game, and the sequel . . . i hadn't known there were any which followed those two, but, as i felt that a sequel was unwarranted (the original was good, not great, and stands alone perfectly well--i found the effort to follow it up to be a waste), and dislike the "nesting" of the dramatic device of Ender writing The Hive Queen and the Hegomon to be strained. Quite apart from all of that, i've read a great deal about Card since then, as well as having looked over some of his rants (i don't expend the effort usually to closely read someone's rant) and have decided he's too far out in left field to make the effort to go out there an listen.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:13 am
Setanta, old buddy... see if you can find the oringal short story/novella of Ender's Game. All the stuff without the fluff.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:15 am
I might like it. I find the case with Card to be much like that with Heinlein and Vonnegut. Good story tellers all, but stuffed as full of **** as the proverbial Christmas goose.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 06:26 am
I'm with you on that my friend.
0 Replies

Locke-freeamerica

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 09:17 pm
you can read into or over that, its your choice, which is why i like his books
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2003 09:30 pm
loved the series.