What makes me mad....

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:14 pm
I recently had to sign up for unemployment. I did everything online so it was convenient and pretty straight forward. Now what I've noticed is unending junk mail regarding online schools that are worthless as far as an education goes and every get rich quick scheme under the sun. Either my name and email address were sold by the government site or it isn't a government site that handles unemployment filing. I've always made it a point not to hand out my email address to just anyone just for this reason because I know how the internet works. I'm just really disappointed that while I'm trying to handle being unemployed I also now have to sort through unending junk emails from all the people that I spent so much time trying to avoid.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 953 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:34 pm
@BobbyGeekBoyGomez,
Hmm, perhaps it has to do with your state. I'm unemployed in Massachusetts, yes I get Unemployment, and I haven't been spammed/sent any more junk mail than usual.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:45 pm
@BobbyGeekBoyGomez,
Maybe you've been on a jobs search website like Mosnter.com and posted your resume?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:45 pm
@BobbyGeekBoyGomez,
What email service do you use? Maybe it's Gmail or Yahoo or Hotmail that sold your address when they noticed you getting official emails from your state's department of labor? Just a guess....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 05:59 pm
@BobbyGeekBoyGomez,
In New Mexico, you can submit a resume to be posted online. It seems to be accessible to nearly anyone that claims to be an employer, and I don't believe they even need to be registered with the state. You do have the choice of making your resume unavailable to anyone. That's probably the best choice, as I have never seen a legitimate job offer come in that way.
0 Replies