A Tradition worth keeping!....Shaking Hands!!!

candide

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:19 pm
I feel like i'm getting older. My uncle (mexican side) made sure I knew how to shake hands like I meant it, that it meant something.

Even if you had a dime in your pocket! on a handshake you could count on honest money.

I'm going to start shaking peoples hands more
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,732 • Replies: 17

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:23 pm
@candide,
You sir,

Are one crazy mother ******.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:26 pm
@Amigo,
None of the rest of us worth talking to?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:

You sir,

Are one crazy mother ******.

Yes you....I mean, he, is.

Shaking hands properly is important though.

As well as taking off your sunglasses when talking to someone.

0 Replies

hamburgboy

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@candide,
sorry it overshoots the boundaries

http://www.metronetiq.com/archives/shaking%20hands/shaking%20hands.gif
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:30 pm
Unless you're Howie Mandell. Fist bump!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:31 pm
@Amigo,
All fine unless you shake hands like one of our neighborhood association group did - I feared for my hand, and it hurt for days afterwards.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 08:33 pm
are you guys drunk?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 09:08 pm
@candide,
candide wrote:

I feel like i'm getting older. My uncle (mexican side) made sure I knew how to shake hands like I meant it, that it meant something.

Even if you had a dime in your pocket! on a handshake you could count on honest money.

I'm going to start shaking peoples hands more

It's important, alright. Once you can fake sincerity and integrity, you have got it made.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 09:57 pm
I'm going to make some money on a handshake this summer. I already got a drywall job!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 10:46 pm
@Amigo,
An old boss used to work on handshake - big projects - but he would follow up with a short good contract. This was interesting - he was japanese american, and some of his best clients were chinese american. In other situations, our firm had killer contracts, just as we had killer specs. Me, I hate the paper stuff, although in my own firm we did get a lawyer in on one big contract at the start.
I'm glad to be rid of all that. I've a friend who thrived on it. I think she was nuts.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:02 pm
@ossobuco,
I have to do an addendum - that is not about my business partner - whole other story.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:11 pm
When you shake hands with someone, you are shaking hands with everyone that they have ever shaken hands with.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 11:13 pm
@ebrown p,
When we have done it in business, it is (to me) an isolated and sincere event.

Amigo will get my point.
Amigo

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 08:33 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

When we have done it in business, it is (to me) an isolated and sincere event.

Amigo will get my point.

Yes, I completely get your point. Its nice when a deal on and handshake works out. It's fun. Before all the technology you were face to face with people more and you shook hands alot. They couldn't call you! They would have to assume things were getting done as planed
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 08:38 pm
@ebrown p,
Too funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm actually surprised at how many people still want to shake hands, what with the infection paranoia that seems to be everywhere.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 08:52 pm
@Joeblow,
I meant to attach that as an aside only but lost my train of thought and didn't get it back until it was too late to edit.

Anyway, just wanted to add that I remember the days of sealing a deal with a handshake, though it's been a long time since I've witnessed it.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:43 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

Too funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm actually surprised at how many people still want to shake hands, what with the infection paranoia that seems to be everywhere.

I worry about doctors. Every one I've dealt with in the past few years seems a quick handshake is in order. They work with sick people every day, right?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A Tradition worth keeping!....Shaking Hands!!!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 03:48:39