RexRed

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:13 pm
So where do I sign up? Have any of these healthcare provisions passed yet. I have been out of the loop. I get phone calls telling me about free dental plans and I think at first they are the government then I assume they are just people phishing for private information and using healthcare to goat vulnerable people to "sign up".

Is this stalling just so congress and the senate can get a better deal from the medical industry to keep us all sick and in debt? I could use a good FREE dental care plan but I don't think that will be the final result after all the partisan quibbling. Please keep me up to date.

Irishk

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 06:32 pm
Nothing settled yet, but they've only been working on it for 11 months. Give it time.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:06 am
Is anyone here going to read all three thousand pages of the health care bill when it comes out?
RexRed

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2010 09:53 am
Would Jesus vote for the health care bill? YES... Smile

Jesus who didn't even have a job may have been considered disabled today by our standards.

Jesus lived off of contributions donated by avid followers.

It was roman red tape that denied him health care and eventually led to his death at the hands of roman guards. Jesus fell through the cracks of a poorly designed health care and justice system.

Why religious people are against this health care bill is simply unchristian in my view.

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:06 pm
Mr. speaker I ask unanimous consent to revise and extend my remarks in opposition to the republican party...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:19 pm
It seems the republican are more concerned about unborn babies while they would leave young uninsured children with no health care. To the republicans now it is all politics and unethical scare tactics. They repulse me more than the dems did during the Iraq war...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:42 pm
The republican say they have measures that will provide savings in health care immediately instead of in 10 years... Well they had 8 years to do this and did not reform health care...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:49 pm
The republicans say it should not be mandatory yet they say they agree with a pool of health care recipients. Oxymoron... How do you get a large pool without it mandatory, and who exactly does not want health care? How many letters do these representatives get by people pleading to be uninsured?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 03:55 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
The republicans say it should not be mandatory yet they say they agree with a pool of health care recipients. Oxymoron... How do you get a large pool without it mandatory, and who exactly does not want health care? How many letters do these representatives get by people pleading to be uninsured?
Its a question of government USURPING the power
to force people to buy things that thay don 't wanna buy.
Government was never granted the power to force anyone to buy insurance.
If government can usurp power, then none of our freedom is safe.

Personal freedom and government's (domestic) jurisdiction are INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL;
i.e. the more there is of one, the less there is of the other.
RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 04:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
My question is who doesn't want to be insured? Especially when the premiums for low income will be zero to pay?

watch live

http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 07:49 pm
Shifty back room deals???
Republican Jack Abramoff...
http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/dennert/archives/Jack-Abramoff-main.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Abramoff

0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 09:01 pm
Nancy Pelosi is correct; life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness is not possible without the right to adequate health care...

Bravo democrats!
gungasnake

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 09:39 pm
@RexRed,
Dumb question...

This thing is so wonderful, why were the American people so overwhelmingly against it?? You really think the American people are that stupid??
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 09:52 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Dumb question...

This thing is so wonderful, why were the American people so overwhelmingly against it??
You really think the American people are that stupid??
We shall see what we shall see.
When a statute is sufficiently foul and obnoxious,
possession of Congress changes hands, e.g. the revolution against the so-called "assault weapons" ban.

Even then, it was allowed to expire by its own terms, rather than be repealed.

HOW strong will the electorate feel against loss of freedom in their personal choices qua health care?
gungasnake

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 10:04 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
This thing's about power and not health. Conservatives see it as similar to Hitler's enabling act. You could just about claim that anything you did to somebody for his health was justified.

In fact, in my entire life, I've seen two movies which halfway scared me i.e. the original version of Alien and then a film which you likely haven't heard of called "The Devils" or "The Devils of Loudon" which came out around 70 or 71 and which was about Louis IV and the French inquisition and the way it operated. They assumed that it didn't matter what they did to somebody's body if they managed to save his soul in the process and this new thing of Oinkbama's could easily turn into something like that.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2010 10:11 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
This thing's about power and not health. Conservatives see it as similar to Hitler's enabling act. You could just about claim that anything you did to somebody for his health was justified.

In fact, in my entire life, I've seen two movies which halfway scared me i.e. the original version of Alien and then a film which you likely haven't heard of called "The Devils" or "The Devils of Loudon" which came out around 70 or 71 and which was about Louis IV and the French inquisition and the way it operated. They assumed that it didn't matter what they did to somebody's body if they managed to save his soul in the process and this new thing of Oinkbama's could easily turn into something like that.
That WAS their philosophy.

Next election, I will vote the way that I woud have voted anyway.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 01:15 am
gungasnaKKKe says
Quote:
This thing's about power and not health. Conservatives see it as similar to Hitler's enabling act. You could just about claim that anything you did to somebody for his health was justified

which is another in an unrelenting stream of totally stupid statements. Consider Medicare and Medicaid, the pattern in the States for government care. Their criterion for treatment is "whatever a doctor says is medically necessary". that is NOT "Claiming anything you did to somebody for his health was justified". The snaKKKE is, as usual, living in his conspiracy theory fantasyland. Got any more "facts" about pre-Incas in Peru riding on dinosaurs, gunga?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 02:53 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
gungasnaKKKe says
Quote:
This thing's about power and not health. Conservatives see it as similar to Hitler's enabling act. You could just about claim that anything you did to somebody for his health was justified

which is another in an unrelenting stream of totally stupid statements. Consider Medicare and Medicaid, the pattern in the States for government care. Their criterion for treatment is "whatever a doctor says is medically necessary". that is NOT "Claiming anything you did to somebody for his health was justified". The snaKKKE is, as usual, living in his conspiracy theory fantasyland. Got any more "facts" about pre-Incas in Peru riding on dinosaurs, gunga?
He has never been a conspiracy theorist.

David
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 05:48 am
you haven't read enough of his threads, david.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2010 07:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
One obvious next step will likely involve firearms and the second amendment. The idea would be to claim that ownership of such was "bad for your health" and deny or restrict health care to firearm owners.

Mark Steyn appears also to be more concerned with logical implications and next steps:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NWI3MGNjMjVlMmJmYjEwNzdlYTYzZWYwNDlmNWIxNzg=

Quote:

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Dependence Day! [Mark Steyn]

Well, it seems to be in the bag now. I try to be a sunny the-glass-is-one-sixteenth-full kinda guy, but it's hard to overestimate the magnitude of what the Democrats have accomplished. Whatever is in the bill is an intermediate stage: As the graph posted earlier shows, the governmentalization of health care will accelerate, private insurers will no longer be free to be "insurers" in any meaningful sense of that term (ie, evaluators of risk), and once that's clear we'll be on the fast track to Obama's desired destination of single payer as a fait accomplis.

If Barack Obama does nothing else in his term in office, this will make him one of the most consequential presidents in history. It's a huge transformative event in Americans' view of themselves and of the role of government. You can say, oh, well, the polls show most people opposed to it, but, if that mattered, the Dems wouldn't be doing what they're doing. Their bet is that it can't be undone, and that over time, as I've been saying for years now, governmentalized health care not only changes the relationship of the citizen to the state but the very character of the people. As I wrote in NR recently, there's plenty of evidence to support that from Britain, Canada, and elsewhere.

More prosaically, it's also unaffordable. That's why one of the first things that middle-rank powers abandon once they go down this road is a global military capability. If you take the view that the U.S. is an imperialist aggressor, congratulations: You can cease worrying. But, if you think that America has been the ultimate guarantor of the post-war global order, it's less cheery. Five years from now, just as in Canada and Europe two generations ago, we'll be getting used to announcements of defense cuts to prop up the unsustainable costs of big government at home. And, as the superpower retrenches, America's enemies will be quick to scent opportunity.

Longer wait times, fewer doctors, more bureaucracy, massive IRS expansion, explosive debt, the end of the Pax Americana, and global Armageddon. Must try to look on the bright side . . .

1. Forums
  2. » Universal Healthcare Update
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 06:16:18