Musicians -- how to find each other?

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 09:57 am
In your experience, what's the best way to a) find a band to join, or b) find new musicians to join a band you're already in? I use online classifieds, but they don't seem to return much for results. I don't think newspaper ads are very helpful either. In your experience, what's the best way to find people?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 01:09 am
Might try area high schools and colleges. Marching bands, jazz bands and the like would be a good resource for both your questions.

You could also hang out at local clubs where bands are just getting their start and see if you can get someone's attention long enough to ask your questions.

You can also get leads from the musician's union. Here's a link to the site map for the American Federation of Musicians
0 Replies

Ambassador

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2003 08:24 am
Thanks for the response. I should have been more specific. I'm looking for proven ways for professionals to find other professionals. Sometimes it's a lot harder than one might think.

I checked out the local musician's union web page, which was pitiful. Doesn't invite much confidence in the union. I'm not a fan of unions anyway.

Been using online musician classified sites, thought maybe someone here might have some other good options.
0 Replies