Amigo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 04:38 am
WRONG LINK!!!

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tKZVLV6nQA
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:01 am
@Amigo,
I really loved the book. It's my favorite Vonnegut novel. As for the movie? I didn't know it even existed. You had me thinking that it was a new release when you opened a thread for it.

Since I haven't seen it, I can simply only say Nick Nolte is a very good actor but he wouldn't have been my first choice to play Howard Campbell Jr.. I'll have to grab a copy from the library or a DVD rental store.

So what made you start a thread on the film 13 plus years after its release?

Amigo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:05 am
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Nick Nolte is a very good actor but he wouldn't have been my first choice to play Howard Campbell Jr..

You won't feel the same way after you see the movie. Nick Nolte is the only guy for this roll. I almost like the movie as much as the book.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:07 am
@Amigo,
Alrighty then. I just went to the NYPL site and reserved a copy of the DVD.
Amigo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:08 am
@tsarstepan,
to rent not to buy right?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:12 am
@Amigo,
From the library? To borrow.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:15 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm not big on blind purchases (buying a DVD of a film before I seen it) of movies.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:23 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

From the library? To borrow.
I think I remember they had it at the library because it was Kurt Vonnoget!
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 05:31 am
@Amigo,
I have to reserve it online because the DVD collection at the MidManhattan Branch is pretty cluttered and unorganized. If one is looking for a specific film, one is best served if a professional dives into the mostly out of alphabetical order collection. Still the collection is great for browsing.
Amigo

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 07:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
We just got it in the mail w/netflix. I put it at the top of the cue so it came first. My girlfreind has never seen it. Well have a glass of wine (or three) while we watch it.

I love movies that are intelectual without being boring. Thats why I love Kurt Vonnegut.
0 Replies