Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:05 pm
LIBERALS: A QUESTION, IF I MAY ???

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/SB10001424052748704269004575073771717464954-lMyQjAxMTAwMDIwMjEyNDIyWj.html

In this link to last Friday 's Wall St. Journal,
it is said that liberal leaders desire the 2nd Amendment
to be applied against the States by the privileges or immunity clause of the 14th Amendment (not the due process clause),
on the grounds that a federal right to self-defense is beneficial
to the liberal point of vu.

Does anyone know HOW that will satisfy liberal ideals ??

What is the deal with that ?

David
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 718 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 10:58 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It says "conservatives" those are you guys, right? You can trust them. They don't lie.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 06:42 am

Can anyone give me an idea of what liberals want from this ?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:59 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I have at times been called a liberal Dave; I don't see a problem reconciling some of my views with what I see as a right to self-defense.

I can see what liberal politicians would want the 2ndA to be settled in the USA though; it gives the other side one less political 'bat' to beat them over the head with. They can appeal to their supporters and be helpless to do anything (and the supporters will blame the USSC).
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 09:03 am
Huh . . . no liberals have shown up to take the bait yet . . . good luck with that . . .
rosborne979

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 09:07 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Huh . . . no liberals have shown up to take the bait yet . . . good luck with that . . .

That might be because Liberals and Conservatives don't exist. Here's my conjecture... http://able2know.org/topic/142163-1
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 12:44 pm
@Amigo,
Amigo wrote:
It says "conservatives" those are you guys, right? You can trust them. They don't lie.
Thank u, Amigo.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 01:15 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I thought that there was a chance that someone might have happened upon a liberal justification
for this preference. The media have given me the impression, in only the vaguest way,
that liberals can and will apply this to advancement of their ideals.
I lack even the faintest hint of the specifics. I 'm curious.

I think that the "privileges or immunities'' clause is about to be re-activated,
under the leadership of Justice Scalia, a conservative.

I wonder what the liberals plan to do with it ?

After I posted this thread, I had the presence of mind to write to the author of the article.
Whether he knew of specifically what this means before he wrote it is an open question.

David
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » LIBERALS: A QUESTION, IF I MAY ???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:42:44