Ebook readers? your thoughts?

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 02:09 am
I was playing with the nook today at barnes and noble and i sorta want one now!!!

Does anyone here have a kindle? or similar? I honestly like reading just not from a physical book. I can scan and read stuff all day online. Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 756 • Replies: 3
No top replies

YankeeDudeL

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 03:28 am
@Droid Motorola,
Definitely a cool idea, but I'm the opposite. After a while, I start zoning out and skimming through sites on the web, but reading a book is easier.

One area of concern, though hopefully unfounded, is the affect this eReaders will have on the eyes in the longterm. I've needed corrective eyewear most of my life, and much of it was attributed to sitting too close to the TV when I was a kid. Sure, that's probably not true, and genetics may have had a bit more to do w/ it. Also, I haven't heard of any studies done since many of us are planted in front of computers all day. But between TV, computers, cell phones, and now even the way we read, is this too much?

Probably not, and I'm down for trying.
0 Replies

Droid Motorola

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 11:35 am
@Droid Motorola,
Haha i cant live without my computer. Ill take my chances!!!

On the nook and kindle the pages are displayed a little different than digital like our computers which makes it pretty awesome. Its way easier on the eyes and not bright.
linmk2

Reply Tue 15 Dec, 2009 12:25 pm
@Droid Motorola,
I'm all for new electronic gadgets, but to me there is nothing like hardbound book with quality paper. I like the feel and smell ( OK I'm weird) of a good book. It's just me. I don't think I would have any interest a Kindle or a device like it.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Ebook readers? your thoughts?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:04:31