Doug Fieger RIP

djjd62

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:35 pm

Doug Fieger (August 20, 1952 - February 14, 2010) was an American singer-songwriter. He is the lead singer for The Knack, and co-wrote the 1979 hit "My Sharona", with lead guitarist, Berton Averre.

Before forming The Knack, Doug Fieger played bass and sang lead in the group Sky, which was founded by producer Jimmy Miller (Rolling Stones, Traffic, Blind Faith) when Fieger was still in high school. Sky recorded two albums for RCA Records, produced by Miller with Andy Johns (Led Zeppelin).
Fieger played bass guitar in the German progressive rock band Triumvirat for a short period in 1974.

In addition to performing, Fieger also produced the Rubber City Rebels debut album for Capitol Records and another album for LA-based club staples Mystery Pop. He and Rebels drummer Brandon Matheson had been bandmates in The Sunset Bombers and had one album released on Ariola Records, before Fieger formed The Knack.

Fieger underwent brain surgery in August 2006 to have two tumors removed, and has since had chemotherapy to treat lung cancer. He is the younger brother of attorney Geoffrey Fieger.

On February 14, 2010, Doug Fieger died of cancer. [

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,409 • Replies: 3
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 14 Feb, 2010 02:49 pm
Awww. The Knack was a fun band.

0 Replies

BlaiseDaley

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 04:38 pm
Somehow I feel as though I just got that much older.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 08:56 pm
@BlaiseDaley,
aw nutz
I really liked The Knack
Lots of good party music
0 Replies