WILL THE US ECONOMY RECOVER THIS TIME?

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 10:21 am
Maybe not! Most people don't know about the threats to our economy. Here is a good piece regarding this.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Will-The-U-S-Economy-Rec-by-Richard-Clark-100206-709.html

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,392 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 12:10 pm
The way I read this article is that big business and the banks are doing a hachet job on the middle class. So whats new?
Advocate

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 03:01 pm
@rabel22,
What is new is that they are now truly effective with the hatchet job. The right seems to be in favor of going back to a hands-off policy regarding banks, etc., and it may take over next year.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 07:02 pm
@Advocate,
The banks are after easy money i.e. big merger loans for private equity firms. Less work and large sums whiuch spell bigger companies and fewer eggs in the basket which is bad for the country. Concentration of economic power and fewer jobs. The government should put a surcharge on such loans that curb competition and as mergers lead to concentration of wealth. Such loans put major corporations in the hands of a few people and large profits are made that go to exectives of banks and financial institutions. The government should discourge such loans or take a share of the profits to build up the public treasury to enrich the public.
rabel22

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 10:29 pm
@talk72000,
Can you point out some politician in Illinois that I can vote for that will accomplish this goal. I have been studying them and cant find one in the whole state that I would trust dem or rep.
talk72000

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 09:10 pm
@rabel22,
I rememer Mayor Daley who was beyond reproach but his sidekicks were had their heads in the trough. Maybe living is tough in Illinois so the corruption is expected.
0 Replies