Workaround for changing Javascript code

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 07:47 am
I was told that the javascript code to my website needs to be removed in order for the website to be linked to a company's webpage. But I cannot remove the code "<script language="javascript">if (self.window != top.window) (top.location.href = window.location.href;)</script><script language="javascript" src="/Common/ClientSc"

Can the IT Department at the company's webpage add or remove language that will allow my website to link properly? The company is asking me to change my website link but I cannot do that. Is the company uploading my link incorrectly? The company said "The JavaScript for your website is interfering and will not allow us to link your profile to your website."

Is there any way around this problem?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,038 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 03:39 pm
@No websitelink,
What your code does is check to see if your page is framed, and if it is framed it redirects out of the frame.

So presumably, someone wants to link to your content in a frame with their content or ads around/above it and doesn't like your frame-busting JavaScript.

There's not really anything they can do about it except accept that they can't frame your content. They can obviously still link to it, there's no problem with that. They want to frame it and that is what they are complaining about.
0 Replies