New vacuum needed

Philis

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:08 am
OK, Ladies....
I need a new vacuum. My electrolux engine died, but the power hose still works. The backup vacuum is a , sorry to say, dirt devil Twisted Evil which I do not like. I had a love affair with my electrolux. It picks up real good and the attached hose is so handy for this dusty house. I paid two hundred dollars , four years ago, from ebay. I think it is the best vacuum for the money. 2 Cents 2 Cents
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd284/Philis37/Bk1qN1Q2kKGrHqYOKjgEsn4HSGr1BLZN-ks.jpg

what is your vacuum
or
what would you like it to be?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,330 • Replies: 15
No top replies

oolongteasup

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:21 am
@Philis,
Quote:
what is your vacuum
or
what would you like it to be?

i'd like it be one of those new fangled Space Arborsa
Philis

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:53 am
@oolongteasup,
I checked that on google and see no such thing.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 06:28 am
@Philis,
The latest Consumer Reports did vacuum cleaners. You might check there for advice.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:56 am
I have a Miele vacuum - it's been working excellent for the past 10 years.
http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/th/theo-klein-miele-toys-vacuum-cleaner.jpg

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:01 pm
@CalamityJane,
Nother vote for Miele. We just bought a new one for the downstairs and It does everything really well and its fairly light and maneuverable. Itll suck paint offn walls and the fiorst time we used our , it filled the bag up from what the ELectrolux had missed. Now the rooms are so much less dusty.
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 02:38 pm
@farmerman,
I am glad you like yours too, farmerman. We should mention that the Miele
is very quiet as well, and the HEPA air filter is superb. Not cheap, but worth
every penny!
farmerman

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 03:56 pm
@CalamityJane,
yep. Light, quiet, the little cord gets swept back into the machine so fast itll give you whiplash, HEPA is a major feature. I ran the bag in a separatory funnel at the lab and saw DUST MITES IN THE SCOPE> YAQAAAAH
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 12:58 am
dyson.
it sucks bigtime.

(thats supposed to be a compliment)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 5 Feb, 2010 09:03 am
http://rlv.zcache.com/sucking_scale_tshirt-p235022674331593881tdq8_210.jpg
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Sun 7 Feb, 2010 09:36 pm
@CalamityJane,
Famerman says Miele sucks up dust mites and is better than electrolux.
10 Years Calamity Jane with one vacuum , and you agree it is a real good vacuum. It looks like a power house. I am going to check ebay for used Miele. Arrow
Tai Chi

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 08:10 am
@Philis,
Philis -- just a suggestion. I know you are not looking to buy new or pay new vacuum prices but consider going into a store and comparing the Miele and the Dyson. I hear nothing but good things about both of them and their prices new are comparable. The immediate difference is that the Dyson does not require bags or filters. I cannot find any information on filters for the Miele but the bags are expensive. (It looks like the bag may also be a filter -- CJ would know.) Sometimes these extras add up over the life of a machine.
CalamityJane

Reply Mon 8 Feb, 2010 09:18 am
@Tai Chi,
Yes, that's true, Tai, the Miele bags (filter included) aren't cheap. They run
around $ 17 - 18.00 per box and I believe there are 4 or 5 to one box. One
bag goes a long way though and it's so worth it.
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 11:41 pm
@Tai Chi,
Yes I see the bags for Miele are expensive. I wish I could afford even a used Miele, top of the line. I am looking for a canister vacuum. The lower priced Miele's on ebay do not have a power nose with a sepeate floor unit. Still shopping though. I will try to find a store locally that sells used Miele's. Don't know if Dyson comes in a canister type vacuum.
Tai Chi

Reply Thu 11 Feb, 2010 10:03 am
@Philis,
http://content.costco.ca/Images/Content/Product/124486c.jpg

Dyson canister vacuum
0 Replies

Philis

Reply Sat 13 Feb, 2010 05:07 am
Laughing Very Happy Smile On ebay I settled on an electrolux diamond jubilee, total price 256.00. I bought it this evening and I can't wait to get it. I haven't vacuumed in over a week and not that I haven't tried. I borrowed a friends vacuum and it was worthless, but I did not tell her that. Then I borrowed another vacuum from a relative.........also worthless. Neutral
0 Replies