Daytrotter Sessions

djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 07:07 pm
http://www.daytrotter.com/

seriously, how did i miss this site, some great music sessions

Daytrotter -- One band a day, every day, 28 Daytrotter Session songs each week

There are so many music/entertainment websites that copy one another, scrambling so fast to “discover” or present something new to the world. And just because you get there first, it doesn’t really make you an explorer. We did poke a stars and stripes into the moon, but we could always see it. We knew it was there. It wasn’t new. We can always come along and say we did, saw, heard something first, but we’re never right. What Daytrotter is attempting to do is to not kid around with you and tell you that we found something that you never knew existed. We are going to contribute to the musical landscape, not just toss it around like a used book or a stolen pick-up line. We’re going to give you something that you truly have never heard. We are not giving you songs from someone you love’s record album, thereby stealing from someone you love. We’re giving you exclusive, re-worked, alternate versions of old songs and unreleased tracks by some of your favorite bands and by a lot of your next favorite bands.

Daytrotter Sessions

These fine people " as they’re traveling through America’s heartland " take two hours out of their travels between shows to stop in for a Daytrotter Session at The Horseshack in downtown Rock Island, Ill. The name of the city is not ironic. They use borrowed instruments, play with their touring mates, utilize an often unkempt toilet, eat some food and then cram back into their vans for the last half of the drive. What they leave behind is a pile of ashes, sometimes a forgotten stocking hat and four absolutely collectible songs that often impart on whomever listens to them the true intensity that these musicians put into their art, sometimes with more clarity than they do when they have months to tinker with overdubs and experiments. These songs are them as they are on that particular day, on that particular tour " dirty and alive. We want you to make this your new home as it is ours. We promise that you will love it here.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 950 • Replies: 4
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 07:42 pm
I love seeing these bands just breaking out.
Cool - I liked Morning Benders and Jason Damato.
djjd62

Reply Thu 21 Jan, 2010 07:46 pm
@sullyfish6,
gonna check out the morning benders, liked the write up on them
Swimpy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:41 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks, jd. You're always finding great stuff. I'm listening to Beach House right now.
Swimpy

Reply Sat 6 Feb, 2010 02:47 pm
@Swimpy,
I just realized these folks are Iowans. Yea!
0 Replies