how to i link my facebook ad to a online resume

brahmin

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 06:10 pm
i am planning to take out a facebook ad, offering my candidature to interested companies. like these guys here have done - http://www.onedayonejob.com/blog/use-facebook-ads-to-make-employers-hunt-you-down/

i know what to write and how to place the ad - however i dont know how to link the ad to my online resume. I already have an online resume.

What i want to happen is that whenever an interested person sees my ad and clicks on my face pic, or some other part of the ad - their browser should open the webpage where my online resume is uploaded.

however i dont know how to achieve this - how to i link my pic in the ad, to the online resume, so that when someone clicks it, they are redirected to my resume.

Please help me - if there is anyone who has similarly taken out a face book ad - maybe for some entirely different reason, then you could perhaps tell us ho you did it. thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,607 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 06:19 pm
@brahmin,
The very first thing Facebook asks of you is the destination URL. Paste the URL to the online resume there (note that this should be a public url).

Edit: Here's a screenshot of the very first step in setting up an ad, note the first input field is for a URL.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/183/54094460.jpg
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 06:26 pm
@brahmin,
You might want to think about that again.

It is unclear to me that linking your Facebook to your professional life is a good idea (particularly if you Facebook has personal information, pictures, etc.). It is hard to see any real benefits, and given the privacy concerns with Facebook, there may be real risks.

0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 06:26 pm
Thanks very much.

So i guess if i enter the right url for my online resume in that field, then anyone who clicks on the ad i place would be brought to my page? Cool.

Thanks much.

0 Replies