Americans knowing their place, and where it is!

wandeljw

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 08:40 am
@dardardit,
dardardit wrote:

Hi wandeljw,
HAY LADY!
So I dropped a 'T' in Spitting' So what?
Dardardit,

spiting for "spitting"
bate for "bait"
fined for "find"
Their for "There"
to for "two"

My ten year old daughter spells better than that.

You need to be 13 years old to post here.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:10 am
This thread blows.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 09:15 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

This thread blows.

Rimward or hubward?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:23 am
The planet is divided into the "haves" and "have-nots." More "haves" live above the equator, because the water going down a sink goes clockwise, and that is easier on the brain to watch. Water going down a drain counterclockwise, below the equator, can make one dizzy and less oriented to achievement. Most scientific achievements were made above the equator, I believe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:34 am
Now here's an idiot who is a perfect match for the idiot who started this thread. I realize that this paltry effort is an attempt at humor, but given the nasty prejudices which this clown has displayed in the past, i suspect that he believes the basic premise, even if he were not serious about the alleged cause.

There is more habitable land north of the equator, so it should not be surprising if more of every type of human activity took place there.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:40 am
@Setanta,
Now you're just being landist. Atlanteans have rights, too.
Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:48 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Now here's an idiot who is a perfect match for the idiot who started this thread. I realize that this paltry effort is an attempt at humor, but given the nasty prejudices which this clown has displayed in the past, i suspect that he believes the basic premise, even if he were not serious about the alleged cause.

There is more habitable land north of the equator, so it should not be surprising if more of every type of human activity took place there.

Do not forget that the planet is divided into the "haves" and "have nots." I assume you are a "have." A "have" materialistically, I would guess. It would be inappropriate to pry into anyone's history, to discern if one was born into a social class of "haves." That, I believe, is beyond the pale of this forum's social mores. We are supposed to treat each other, again I believe, as though we all come from equal backgrounds. Sometimes true, sometimes not true.
Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:50 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Now you're just being landist. Atlanteans have rights, too.

Fe fi fo fum, I smell a "have" of the upper class.
Setanta

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:55 am
Uhm . . . wasn't Atlantis north of the equator, too?

Hail Atlantis!
Way down, below the ocean, where i wanna be, she may be
My antidiluvian baby, oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah . . .

(Remember Donovan?)
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 10:59 am
@Foofie,
The world is also divided in to the the "thinks" and the "think-nots".

Are you a "think"? I think not.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:00 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I should hope so. If it weren't for the "haves" the "have-nots" would have even less.

Edit: I note that Foofie has not divested himself of worldly possessions to live a life of quiet service.

I wonder why?
Foofie

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:12 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Foofie wrote:

I should hope so. If it weren't for the "haves" the "have-nots" would have even less.

Edit: I note that Foofie has not divested himself of worldly possessions to live a life of quiet service.

I wonder why?

Service to whom? A world that includes ingrates? A world that includes poseurs? A world that includes delusional folks believing we are all equal on Earth?

But your above point is well taken, since the grasshoppers of the world continue to insist on fiddling all summer, while ants work hard for their future generations. And, the ants get little gratitude for aiding the grasshoppers during the winter.

Thank you for gracing this forum.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:14 pm
The Earth is a sphere?
Joe Nation

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:23 pm
@Thomas,
Well, we don't know if the earth is a sphere. We do know it has ants and grasshoppers.

AH, grasshopper, ant you know dat yet?
Joe(is sphere a very strangely spelled word?)Nation
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:36 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

The Earth is a sphere?

Well, it's actually a Greek word hemisphairion - hemi + sphairion is the diminutive of sphaira = 'ball' or 'sphere'.

The Latin version 'hemisphaerium' - you notice that word on many old maps.
(Source: Merriam-Webster, Unabridged [2002], Georges, Ausführliches lateinisch-deutsches Handwörterbuch [1913/1998])
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Interestingly the "four hemispheres" were noted in German about 1813 for the first time (in Chamisso's Peter Schlemihl).

In English, at was a couple of years later (1856 in the New York Times) - but with a 'French conection', too.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 01:23 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

The Earth is a sphere?

according to mr billy corigan

"The world is a vampire, sent to drain
Secret destroyers, hold you up to the flames"

not only that but

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:05 am
Hi Every one,
Looks like you all agree with me that there is only two Hemispheres,
Well the only people that still think they live on their own Hemisphere are Americans, of cause you do.
That's because Americans, stick out like a boil on a pigs ass. Now there are similarities between a pigs ass, and the planet Earth, that is there are two halves, or Hemispheres North and South Just as the pigs ass has two halves. So a pig can't have three buttocks. Can it? Maybe with some stem sell thing. One day!
So for now any one that says that the live on the Eastern Hemisphere, NO! you're just a boil on a pigs ass.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 07:54 am
Not only is this clown childish, he can't speak English worth a **** either. His entertainment value is very low.
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 08:15 am
Hi Odd Balls,
I can believe you chaps are still picking up on this Bollocks. Two pages of it.
I have had more reply's with Hemispheres, than I don't like fat people.
Dardardit,
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 07:30:50