What first-scholarship/loan or admission?

sukiran

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 10:15 am
I often come across the information that educational institutes ask for assurances that you can finance your studies there before admitting you.In case you want scholarships or loans to do that,that has to be presented.But I have also heard that for getting a loan or scholarship the documents confirming your admission to the expected course has to be provided .Are these things that complicated?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,459 • Replies: 2
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 10:26 am
I often come across the information that educational institutes ask for assurances that you can finance your studies there before admitting you.

I've never heard of this. The admission application process is separate from financial aid application. Scholarships may be applied for, with some based on family or personal income. There are also government grants.

Can you be more specific about your question?
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Dec, 2009 11:11 am
@sullyfish6,
Granted it has been a few years since I went through this process, but I have to agree as long as you are applying for a accredited college, the financial aid is different than the application. Most times, potential students apply to several different universities/colleges. The application process is more geared toward being accepted based on grades/test scores and often times interviews/essay answers and other non-academic activities and some combination of the above.

Then once accepted, a potential candidate typically applies for scholarships/grants and financial aid usually through the financial aid office at that particular school. I wouldn't imagine that a particular college would consider your application for financial aid until you were accepted - why would they set aside money for you if you weren't even able to be accepted academically?
0 Replies