None of my downloaded programs will connect to the internet.

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:08 pm
I had Mozilla installed and all of these programs seemed to want to connect thru that. I have been connecting to the web using explorer and Mozilla wasnt connecting at all so I uninstalled it. Itunes, limewire and poker will not connect using explorer and I dont know how to make them default to that. Any ideas???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,731 • Replies: 5
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:14 pm
@shari6905,
You may still have Mozilla set up to be your default browser, even though you deleted it. To set IE as the default, use the following procedure

1. Open Control Panel and select Internet Options.
2. Click the Programs tab.
3. Click the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser check box.
4. Click OK and shut down Internet Explorer.
5. Start Internet Explorer again and when you are prompted to make it the default browser, click Yes.
shari6905

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:16 pm
@engineer,
Geez, and here I thought it was something HUGE!!! Probably could have figured that out in a few hours. I will see if that works!!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:18 pm
I really would recommend against using Internet Explorer for any reason. It is a slow and unsecure program.

Cycloptichorn
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm not a fan of IE as I use Chrome or Firefox but the latest IE? Internet Explorer 8 is a far greater and improved browser then the past recent editions. Leaner, quicker, and more stable.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 17 Dec, 2009 12:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

I'm not a fan of IE as I use Chrome or Firefox but the latest IE? Internet Explorer 8 is a far greater and improved browser then the past recent editions. Leaner, quicker, and more stable.

I dunno, let's let it go a few months and see if the vulnerabilities have really been solved. I don't trust any browser that integrates itself into the OS in unpredictable ways.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies