You Know That Time Is Slipping Away When...................

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:37 am
Yesterday, I was going through and arranging my old photograph albums. I came across something that really shook me up. I had two of those plastic key chains where when you look up into it, you can see a picture. Both were taken in resort hotels, one about 5 years ago, the other about 15.

My husband and I were sitting in the exact same position in both pictures. If I did not know that these pictures were of us, I would never know that they were the same people. Boy, have we changed.

Have YOU had any experiences where you were shocked to realize how time had flown?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,422 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Equus

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:44 am
I had a screensaver that imitated old TV test patterns. An office co-worker had no idea what a test pattern was.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:20 am
Wow- I'll bet that threw you!
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:42 am
When your hair starts to turn gray
Struggling with a loaded supermarket trolly
Your daughter rejects 60s rock & roll as being old fogies music
When you forget how to cut & paste a word doc.
And you can't find your spectacles & your wife says --- "you're already wearing them"

C'est la vie, just bring me my pipe & slippers & leave the Scotch on my desk. Arrow Drunk
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:46 am
Every morning when I look in the mirror.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 11:54 am
Quote:
Your daughter rejects 60s rock & roll as being old fogies music

When you see those "rockers", and they look like someone's grandpas!
0 Replies

Anon

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:21 pm
Pheonix:

Like eoe ... everytime I look at the mirror and wonder who that haggered old fart is that's looking back at me! Every once in a while, it makes me womder just HOW EXPESIVE cosmetic surgery is!

I've found that the years just fly by now. Remember when Christmas took FOREVER to come. Now I think, Christmas already??

Well Phoe ... it's like Betty Davis used to sau ... "Old age isn't for wimps"! It becomes more apparent each year!

Anon
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:31 pm
i have resorted to painting all my mirrors black, if i dont see it, it doesn't exist.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:35 pm
Anon- A few years ago, I would put my hands on my TMJ and pull back, so I could see how I would look with a face lift. There used to be quite a difference. Now, nothing is going to help! Sad
0 Replies

dream2020

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 01:08 pm
face? Personally, I can think of a few other areas that could use a lift.
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:36 pm
When you hear the elevator musak version of
In-a-Gadda-da-Vida.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:21 pm
dyslexia wrote:
i have resorted to painting all my mirrors black, if i dont see it, it doesn't exist.

Sounds like my mother's way of dealing with menopause. She removed most of the mirrors in the house and refused to enter the rooms that still had them. Were we ever glad when she got over THAT! (I hope I am handling it more gracefully myself. But I will admit that I have begun lowering the wattage of the light bulbs in my bathroom. Don't wanna deal with it when I first wake up, y'know.)

When was my last "omigod-I'm-getting-old" moment? When I found out the child that was born to our friends when we were all newlyweds together 20 yrs. ago is about to get married. And this is my SECOND marriage.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 02:37 pm
when your granddaughter says grandad,what was it like in the olden days?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:13 pm
When I thought I saw someone I used to live with, and thought, "well, it looks like her but her hair is way too long", and then realized her hair has had 7 years to grow (from a buzzcut.)
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:39 pm
My biggest one currently is being called ma'am. I look around and realize that it's me. I call women ma'am, so now that I'm a ma'am, what do I call everyone else? And when the heck did I become a ma'am, anyway?

I always want to say "Hey, kid, I can still hang out all night and drink you under the table. Who you calling ma'am?" But, then, that wouldn't be very middle-aged lady-like I suppose.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:46 pm
How about automatically being given senior discounts without asking for them? Sad (It seemed that not too long ago, I had to show my license to get into a bar!)
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:50 pm
An old and recently widowed woman is considering suicide. She wants to make sure that she doesn't mess up and become a burden upon anyone else, so she calls the doctors office to inquire about the position of her heart. The doctor's office assures her her heart is just below her left breast.

Later that night, she shows up at the hospital with a gunshot wound to her left knee....
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:59 pm
You go into a liquor store for a six pack of beer, where you see a big sign proclaiming, "WE CARD EVERYONE". They don't card you. You ask, "How come you didn't card me?" And they laugh.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 04:44 pm
I knew a woman who lost her husband when she was age 78. She missed him terribly; but, as she also told me, she did not wish to be a broke down old lady in her 80s. She said she wanted to go out in a thunderstorm and get killed by lightning. Well, the old woman drank enough beer to float the Enterprise in the time I knew her. A few days before her 80th birthday, she drank heavily to the point of regurgitation. She strangled on it. The paramedics came and found she still had a pulse. "Don't resuscitate her," ordered her son. They didn't and so she successfully avoided being a broke down old woman in her 80s.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 07:28 pm
I was looking at my old yearbook (had recently moved to arkansas) and it had a picture of myself and a bunch of friends snowboarding and now i am in arkansas with no snow it seems that the trip to the Pocono Mountains was yesterday.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » You Know That Time Is Slipping Away When...................
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 06:19:05