A real American hero.

Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:16 pm
@JTT,
Your ability to cut and paste wont win you any shock and awe here.

Quote:
pretend to occupy the moral high ground.
How can you write that and not see how hypocritical you are ? What level of stupidity is required to do that ? Are you on a disability pension for brain damage ? No, seriously, are you ? I think you are and I am starting to feel guilty for arguing with you.
JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:17 pm
@Ionus,
Smedley Butler had within the honesty necessary to admit that he was nothing more than a gangster for American business.

What does that make a mere grunt like you? Were you just a little office functionary or did you get out there to shoot 'em up?

Any idea of the number of people that have so far been slaughtered to satisfy the greed of the US?
Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:44 pm
@JTT,
Where do you live ?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 04:59 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
Ionus ponders on the notion of hypocrisy: How can you write that and not see how hypocritical you are ?

Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction.
" George W. Bush

"Is it possible that the CIA would actually commit alleged war crimes " and the U.S. government would not hold the CIA and itself accountable in any way?

Is water wet?"

Smedley Butler had within the honesty necessary to admit that he was nothing more than a gangster for American business.

Apparently you do not.
Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:40 pm
@JTT,
You didnt answer my question as to where you live.

I am stunned you think others are hypocritical when you openly support a coward who wanted benefits but not the cost. You talk about the moral high ground in a derogatory fashion but insist you are standing on it.

You will not join the military and refuse to go.
You will not run for office.
You will not confront veterans face to face.
Your sole approach is to whine on the internet and attack the people who guarantee your free speech.

You are a gutless hypocrit and have finally found a like minded two-faced coward in Smedley.
Sglass

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:44 pm
@Ionus,
Wowzer you've got his number.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:11 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You didnt answer my question as to where you live. ...

Hey Ionus, let me save you time - JTT is cagey about her/his location, which makes sense when you know the car she/he really hopes to drive <G>
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/11/16/091116fa_fact_hersh
http://www.newyorker.com/images/2009/11/16/p465/091116_r19029_p465.jpg
JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:20 pm
@Ionus,
You are stunned, Ionus, unbelievably so. You've made that apparent time and again. It must be the shock coming to the realization that the lifelong propaganda you swallowed was just that.

23 years of your life wasted, or maybe not. You still have that ample pension given for helping rich guys get richer.

Quote:
two-faced coward in Smedley.

Quote:
Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 " June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps and, at the time of his death was the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smedley_Butler

Were you awarded the purple heart for that vicious stapler incident?

Quote:
In War Is A Racket, Butler points to a variety of examples, mostly from World War I, where industrialists whose operations were subsidised by public funding were able to generate substantial profits essentially from mass human suffering.

It contains this key summary:
"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

The book is also interesting historically as Butler points out in 1935 that the US is engaging in military war games in the Pacific that are bound to provoke the Japanese.

"The Japanese, a proud people, of course will be pleased beyond expression to see the United States fleet so close to Nippon's shores. Even as pleased as would be the residents of California were they to dimly discern through the morning mist, the Japanese fleet playing at war games off Los Angeles."

Butler explains that the excuse for the buildup of the US fleet and the war games is fear that "the great fleet of this supposed enemy will strike suddenly and annihilate 125,000,000 people."

In his 1987 biography of Butler, Maverick Marine,[3] Hans Schmidt gave a brief review:
"Butler's particular contribution was his recantation, denouncing war on moral grounds after having been a warrior hero and spending most of his life as a military insider. The theme remained vigorously patriotic and nationalistic, decrying imperialism as a disgrace rooted in the greed of a privileged few."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Is_a_Racket

But even after the truth has been pointed up, the little grunt still supports all the murder and mayhem. He's not willing to address any of the facts that are staring him full in the face.

Go figure, eh, Sglass?

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:24 pm
@High Seas,
My, aren't you an original thinker, High Seas.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:31 pm
@Ionus,
Quote:
... attack the people who guarantee your free speech.

Yet another piece of propaganda you've greedily slurped down your throat.

23 years didn't even put you in the running to invade Grenada, did it? Did you get in on Panama, now there was one major threat. Or did you perhaps get a chance to save everyone from those super dangerous Nicaraguans?
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:41 pm
@JTT,
Er...ahem...would I be too much out of line to remind your royal nastiness, JTT, that Ionus is Australian and, as such, would probably have had scant concerns with the republics of Central America?
JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:50 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Not at all, Merry. I can truly appreciate this new position of yours. I'm sure that you'll find it refreshing to deal in facts.

With your new found zeal for the truth, perhaps, you'd like to pick up the slack for Okie and make suggestions as to how the Tiger Force debacle should be handled or maybe the Nicaraguan war crimes of the Reagan administration, the war crimes of the Bush-Cheney administration, ... .
Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 06:58 pm
@JTT,
You really don't understand a damned thing, do you, J?

Equating my position with, say, Okie's makes about as much sense as comparing your political viewpoint with, oh, say, Finn d'Abuzz. You really can't understand, can you, that what I despise is your attitude and your condescending tone on these threads, your smug, infuriating, supercillious air of unearned superiority. I actually seldom disagree with your political stance (I do disagree on the matter of this particular thread; a person who refuses to fight should not have opted to wear the uniform in the first place). Be that as it may, call it an ad hominem stance if you wish. But it's you I despise, me bucko, not necessarily your views on life, love and the so-called American way.

(And, of course, you don't know **** about the English language or grammar.)
JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 07:03 pm
@Merry Andrew,
With your new found zeal for the truth, perhaps, you'd like to pick up the slack for Okie and make suggestions as to how the Tiger Force debacle should be handled or maybe the Nicaraguan war crimes of the Reagan administration, the war crimes of the Bush-Cheney administration, ... .

===================

or maybe not.

I didn't equate you with Okie. I asked you to put forward a principled stance. Evidently, that's not something that you are inclined to do.
Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 08:13 pm
@JTT,
The truth ? If you say that word do you half choke ?
You will not join the military and refuse to go.
You will not run for office.
You will not confront veterans face to face.
Your sole approach is to whine on the internet and attack the people who guarantee your free speech.
You are a gutless hypocrit and have finally found a like minded two-faced coward in Agosto. (Delete Smedley, insert Agosto.)
Quote:
Were you awarded the purple heart for that vicious stapler incident?
We dont have the purple heart. What medal did you want to give Agosto ?
Quote:
the little grunt
Little ? What do I attribute that too ? Your ESP failed you again, gutless.
Quote:
Yet another piece of propaganda you've greedily slurped down your throat.
How can you even mention propaganda after the dribble you have been spraying around ?
Quote:
You still have that ample pension
You should keep you mouth shut, that way you wont make a fool of yourself too much. You mean the pension I get when I turn 60 ? I do not have an ample pension. But it shows your jealousy has no limits. Overcompensating ?
You ask merry to put forward a principled stance ? What you really mean is you want someone, anyone to agree with you. You stance is not principled, you made that up so you would feel powerful. Feeling frustrated that your greatness only has self recognition ?
By the way, I have no problem being associated with Americans. I had the privelage of serving with US soldiers and I regard it as a compliment.
I am stunned at your stupidity, but your blindness cant accept that.
Quote:
But even after the truth has been pointed up
Again, I am stunned. I am starting to believe maybe you really do belive that bullshit you have been spreading. It is not even original. Reading the Vietnam protestors handbook ? All the while saying :
Quote:

Seek help. You are not God. You are a hypocritical coward with delusions of grandeur.
JTT

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 09:34 pm
@Ionus,
Strange how you can rant on but avoid the truth, Ionus.

So, you're not part of the American brigade of war criminals. No worries mate, Australia has been right in there lending them a helping hand.

23 years in the military and they're making you wait 'til you're sixty to get a share of the booty. You'll likely be dead by then but all the war profiteers, the ones that you've helped rape and pillage, will be living high off the hog.

Can you say, 'sucker'?

I don't much fancy a military pension garnered from war crimes. You'll have to determine that for yourself. Seemingly, you won't have a problem either way.

You read Smedley, didn't you? He told the truth. Odd how you avoid these inconvenient truths.
Ionus

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 11:07 pm
@JTT,
I find it strange the sickos like you always manage to fit rape in..not getting enough ? No unwashed 69 year old hippy likes you ? Perhaps you were an abused child.

Why would I care what a mentally damaged arrogant coward like you thinks. You want a medal for yourself and your gutless friend Agosto ? Have some of mine; they only put holes in your shirt. They mean nothing.

Fools like you have done enough damage in the past. You would think you would learn from the mistakes of the past, but no, here is yet another coward with a cause. You know nothing of the truth. Have you been to a war zone ? No ? Just imagined one perhaps ? Saw a movie ? Read a book ? Thats the trouble with the unintelligent like you, they are so easily led.

You think you have a cause and it is only you who can save the world...I have dropped turds that put up more fight than you and they didnt want a medal.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:30 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

The truth ? If you say that word do you half choke ?[............] I am starting to believe maybe you really do belive that bullshit you have been spreading. It is not even original. Reading the Vietnam protestors handbook ? All the while saying :
Quote:
...You are a hypocritical coward with delusions of grandeur.

Ionus - after considerable searching I managed to locate wording that got through to what passes for JTT's brain
http://able2know.org/topic/138414-1#post-3818152
Anyway, I stopped by to ask your opinion of the article I linked (with the picture on this page). I'd really be very interested.
djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:32 pm
@High Seas,
what is your major malfunction

some kind of closed head injury would be my guess
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 05:06 pm
@High Seas,
I have seen this many times. Some people, like JTT, recognise they have lots of problems dealing with others. They recognise and succinctly state the problem. They fail to realise the problem is in them and not the rest of the world.

By the way, I think my brain hates me for taking it to strange twisted places. You will be hearing from my brain's lawyer. Wink
0 Replies