Why THAT Avatar?

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 12:55 pm
One of the nice features of A2K is the ability to upload avatars from just about anywhere. We have members with avatars of people, animals, objects........all sorts of images.

I have found that after I have interacted with a member for awhile, I connect a person with his/her avatar. With new people, I find that their avatar sends me a message, gives me an insight into the personality of the member.

I chose a green eye. I have greenish eyes. As a young person in school, I often doodled large, long lashed eyes. I feel comfortable with the image.

Why did you choose your particular avatar? What do you think that it says about you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,109 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 01:26 pm
Mine is 'The Red Dragon & The Womon Clothed In The Sun' by William Drake, made famous by the Hannibal Lecter film 'Red Dragon'. I chose it because I liked the image, as simple as that. Hopefully no-one thinks I'm a serial killer...!
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 02:12 pm
My Image is of the 82nd Airborne division of the US army worn by ppl who serve as a sniper in the 82nd, I served with the 82nd for most of my military career, we of the 82nd are a family and I feel the need to stay true to that and the honor to show my service experiance. HALO was fun but the 82nd was family. I owe them my life as they protected it and helped me become a instructor.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 02:20 pm
safecracker wrote:
HALO was fun but the 82nd was family. I owe them my life as they protected it and helped me become a instructor.

Pardon my ignorance, safecracker, but what is HALO? And when did the 82nd protect your life? I'm interested!
0 Replies

Portal Star

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 02:34 pm
I just grabbed one that didn't look too bad. Hopefully, I will upload a bjork one, if my site ever gets up
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:42 pm
I just liked the friendly but excitable little rat.

HALO is High Altitude, Low Opening parachute. Dandy for covert entry as the planes are too high to hear. They do tell me it gets real cold up there.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:45 pm
Rog- It suits you perfectly! Very Happy ( You know that I have always loved that avatar)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:58 pm
I just looked at mine - it was love at first sight.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 04:08 pm
The deerhuahua is me, when I'm not being me.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 04:09 pm
roger is correct, thats why we have special suits and helmets/chutes. They saved my life by covering my ass with cover fire in afgan as well as a few other deployments i cant talk about. I guess we saved each other.

PS. HALO is also good for covert because we can glide from miles away into the LZ
0 Replies

caramel

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 04:14 pm
Re: Why THAT Avatar?
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Why did you choose your particular avatar? What do you think that it says about you?

Well since I chose the name of my cat as my username it was only fair that I gave him credit by putting his picture here. Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 04:48 pm
I picked mine because it fits my personality.
0 Replies

petunia555555

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:18 pm
Because I love coffee. To me, there is nothing better sitting down with a hot cup of coffee, especially now that Fall is coming on, and reading what you great, silly people have to say.....
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:42 pm
I was never comfortable with my previous avatars. But, I have had a lifelong love affair with certain cartoons, one of which is Pogo Possum. I like Pogo because he is an innocent and simple character in a strip not so innocent and simple. It once depicted Lyndon Johnson as a centaur named "The Lone Arranger." It used a hyena to portray Spiro Agnew. And once the aligator (Albert) recited his own version of Ezra Pound's poem that begins:
"Winter is icumin (sp) in...."
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:15 am
It's me. I didn't have the imagination to use anything else.
BTW I absolutly love your avitar Phoenix.
0 Replies

willow tl

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 12:35 am
I love cats..and this one seemed appropriate..if i knew more about the net and how to find another avatar..i would look to see if a better one was available that fits my weird personality..I love gus's avatar..
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:01 am
That cat has a long and honourable history here, Willow_tl!

You will occasionally see a warped version of it as Craven's avatar.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:17 am
Because I *am* an Indian prince !! As all the ladies here can testify !! (specially ones who have met me) Smile
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:30 am
Daddy has a Harbor Seal
It travels near and far
It can't be here in person today
So here's the avatar.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 04:31 am
It's me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why THAT Avatar?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/29/2024 at 09:34:59