I'm gonna get eyebrows!

chai2

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 04:47 pm
omg.

I'm working at a model home as we speak (the hostess w/ the mostess) and this husband and wife came in to look around.

When I first looked at the woman I thought, "Did she use a dark green magic marker and a protractor to draw them on?"

After chatting a bit, I asked her "is that permanent makeup?" She gushed "Yes! Isn't it great?"

I said "wow yeah. Where did you get them done?"

I almost fainted when she said, "oh there's this lady at the mall"
They weren't even where eyebrows should be on your face.

holy ****. I wasn't even going to ask her what she paid for that hot mess.

Word of warning....you do get what you pay for.

msolga

Sat 31 Mar, 2012 06:11 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
They weren't even where eyebrows should be on your face.

Shocked
Oh no!
Gosh, where were they, chai?
Not on her chin, or on her nose, I hope! Wink
0 Replies

aliyasmith13

Fri 11 May, 2012 08:43 am
@chai2,
Well good luck! Smile
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 14 Feb, 2013 06:24 am
A little after 4 years, I went back yesterday and had them touched up.

They look great.

0 Replies

SteveRobs

Mon 25 Mar, 2013 10:58 am
@CalamityJane,
wow.. what the hell is this ..?
0 Replies

nurein

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 04:00 am
Permanent make up is not worth one i think so because we can't make change in future if so.
chai2

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 08:43 am
@nurein,
When you get to a certain age honey, you're not looking about change, you're looking to have eyebrows.

Looking at the dates on this thread, I started it 5 years ago. It was my gift to myself on my 50th birthday.

I've been glad every single day I did it.
farmerman

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 10:29 am
@chai2,
gotta make em wispy n long like those of Andy Rooney (PBUH). And you need to grey em up a bit. Otherwise wont you look like shakes the clown?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd3lD6wTdsIadifvyKAdhKXi-uv-VrLzO9vCpx4bCeUxTi4QYD                                                          SHAKES
Butrflynet

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:00 pm
@farmerman,
Rhut roh, you're in trouble now, Fman. She doesn't like clowns.

Chai, what sort of selection process did you use when choosing a place to do it? Mine are getting thin enough now to give it some consideration.
0 Replies

chai2

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:48 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/1182/brows008n.th.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/1658/brows012.th.jpg

Hey Btrfly, above are the pictures that were on the 2nd page of this thread. They still look the same.

Funny thing though, I like them even better now. I'm growing my hair out to it's natural color, which is gray, silvre and white. I'm loving it.

Just yesterday I realized if I didn't have the permanent eyebrows, I'd look like an albino rabbit, as my brow hairs are even sparser now, much more gray, and so I just pluck them out anyway.

Especially I now love my eyeliner as my hair is much lighter. When it was dark red, I didn't think the liner was that visible framed by dark hair. Now that it's gray/silver/white, attention is drawn much more to my eyes, and the eyeliner really makes them pop.

To answer your question, at one point a couple years before doing it, I did visit a different person, but wasn't that impressed. She actually did the brows using a template you picked out. She gave me a box with all the different templates to take home and try, and I knew fooling around with them I wouldn't be happy. I didn't want eyebrow style #32A, I wanted brows that complimented me as an individual.

If you look at the first page of the thread, I describe how the artist had me come in and observe her doing someone. That's what really sold me. I was like, "OMG, this is amazing! Look how she's putting each line down individually!" I watched for 5 or 10 minutes.

When I was having mine done, she had (with my permission) this person who was considering it observe the process with me. She had her boyfriend/husband with her (it was a gift for her) and he watched also, and he was really impressed too.

I know some people, especially the guys laugh at this. I understand, and it doesn't bother me.
There was just so much more involved in it than just drawing 2 lines on my face and lids though. It was literally done dot by dot by dot. She was contantly stopping, examining the work, looking back and forth, back and forth quickly to make sure the symmetry was correct, making sure the colors where right, etc. It took a long time.

Since then, I've seen other people with really lousy jobs done. It looks really embarrassing.

The thing is, if you have a good job done, no one knows it, you just look great. If it's a poor job, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
chai2

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:51 pm
BTW, the first picture with my eyes closed is what I must look like when I'm sleeping. I don't think I'm wearing any other makeup.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:55 pm
@chai2,
Does she advertise as a tattoo artist or is it advertised more as a cosmetic procedure?

I guess what I'm asking is when you began your search, what aided you in filtering most of the generic tattoo artists to find the cosmetic tattoo artist specialty?
chai2

Mon 21 Apr, 2014 02:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Does she advertise as a tattoo artist or is it advertised more as a cosmetic procedure?

I guess what I'm asking is when you began your search, what aided you in filtering most of the generic tattoo artists to find the cosmetic tattoo artist specialty?

Ah.

You'll want to google permanent makeup and your city or area.
0 Replies

nurein

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 03:46 am
Yes you could and that will even be looking good at you.
Lordyaswas

Mon 30 Jun, 2014 04:20 am
@nurein,
Isn't that a line from a Humphrey Bogart film?
0 Replies

Marinones

Fri 23 Jan, 2015 03:30 am
@chai2,
colorful
0 Replies