LIFE IS FULL OF SURPRIZES: JOHN PHILLIPS n MACKENSIE ?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 09:57 pm

I don 't begrudge financial success to my fellow American citizen,
especially when I like her. I wish her plenty of good luck.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
we all wish her luck I am sure. I need to see her standing on her own two feet though... right now she looks like a commodity, the victim of the moment on the market for a fast buck. It is impossible to know how much of what comes out of her mouth is her and how much is the script. Rushing the book makes me think that her handlers do not have her best interests at heart, but it is too early to say for sure.

Wait and watch, and hold on the the dollars and tears for now, I say.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

It is impossible to know how much of what comes out of her mouth
is her and how much is the script.
I 'd be hard up to think of any autobiografical book to which that does not apply.

Quote:
Rushing the book makes me think that her handlers do not have
her best interests at heart, but it is too early to say for sure.
"He who woud deliberate fully before taking a step
will spend his whole life on one foot." Ancient Chinese saying

Quote:
Wait and watch, and hold on the the dollars and tears for now, I say.
I don 't need the cash that desperately.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 10:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Ya, I know...I just don't like this show. Time to change the channel, I am out of here....
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 27 Sep, 2009 11:11 pm
@hawkeye10,

So long
0 Replies

norcas

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2012 03:17 pm
@ossobuco,
If It is true I ´d prefer it to think why to condem them?
It happened , not once , but for long ten years..
I am pretty sure that John always felt great attraction towards his daughter, and he was right, she is beautiful and wonderful shape .
That is, the sexual attraction was always there, only that drugs did the forbidden borderline to be exceeded
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 01:20 am
@norcas,
Quote:
I am pretty sure that John always felt great attraction towards his daughter, and he was right, she is beautiful and wonderful shape .
That is, the sexual attraction was always there, only that drugs did the forbidden borderline to be exceeded

Likely true, but so what? They were both strung out at the time and both adults, why is it assumed that the father was the worse one here? He is not here to give his side of the story, and lets keep in mind that the majority of her family has come to the conclusion that Mackenzie is lying.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41715577/ns/today-today_people/t/mackenzie-phillips-reaction-incest-revelation-deeply-cruel/#.TxPNW6US2Ag

Quote:
“It’s been really hard to not have my sisters and my brother and my ‘wicked’ ex-stepmother, with whom I’ve been very close over the years, to have them basically say, ‘That’s it: We’re done with you,’ ” she said.
In her memoir, Phillips writes that what began as incest under pressure from her father eventually became consensual, but she has since learned through counseling and from other incest survivors that “there is no such thing as consensual incest.”

“I was sort of groomed to believe it was consensual, that I was complicit in some way, that because I didn’t scream and fight and I participated, that made me at fault,” Phillips told Vieira. “And, of course, that is the huge thing that all of us survivors suffer from, is taking a portion of the blame and guilt onto their own backs.”

Still, Phillips holds out hope that she will one day be on speaking terms with her estranged family members.
“I love my family,” she said. “I sit here with open arms hoping they’ll come back into my life.”
“Do you think they will?” Vieira asked.
“I’m an eternal optimist,” Phillips replied. “I love them; I miss them. But the other day, my 24-year-old son Shane said, ‘Mom, don’t you realize how much better our life is, in a way, without them, without the drama, without the family infighting?’ ”
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 03:04 am
@hawkeye10,
Welcome back . . .

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 03:14 am

I 'm glad to see that my thread was brought back to life.

It just had a near death experience. I shud report this to Raymond Moody, M.D.

I like Mackenzie and I wish her well.
She had a stressful life, as to drug addiction.

It 'd have been a lot better, if she had been able to just buy the drug
in her local pharmacy, with no trouble. Her drug problems resulted
from government USURPATION of power, raping the Constitution. The government is to blame for that drug problem.

David
0 Replies