WHY WOULD ANYONE MARRY SUSAN ATKINS?

Sglass

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 12:58 pm
Today the death of "Susan Atkins " Charlie Manson follower was announced.

What I didn't know is that Susan was married twice while in prison, once to a Texas millionaihare and to her late husband of record who was also her attorney.

What is the attraction to a woman who stabbed a pregnant woman to death?

Your take??????

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,884 • Replies: 6
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 01:54 pm
I have no idea.

I was thinking the same thing about that nutjob who kidnapped Jaycee Dugard. His wife married him while he was in prison serving a 50 year sentence for rape and kidnapping.

I guess it's some kind of noteriety by association or something.

I don't understand it at all.
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 02:04 pm
The only interest I ever had in the bizzare chain of events that occured in the late '60's was how Manson was able to attract women and make them do his bidding. I must admit I read Helter Skelter with just that thought in mind, not for women to commit crimes for me, but rather to just get in their panties.

About a third of the way through, I had my answer. Author Vincent Bugliosi seems to have considered it as well. His opinion was that Manson attracted small-breasted, psychologically needy runaway women, not particularly attractive, and who were often infected with venereal diseases from a promiscuous lifestyle. Manson simply made them feel wanted. My interest in any type of mind control over women went quite "limp" after that revelation.

I believe Atkins continued to use her sexuality to try to find her elusive dream, or to get her jollies, whatever the case may be. It is ironic to consider that she may have turned the tables in prison by using men, much like she had been used in her earlier life.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 02:31 pm
@Sglass,
Maybe she wasn't the same person at 40 that she was at 20.
DrewDad

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 02:35 pm
This happens frequently to men in prison. There's a book about it.

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Who-Love-Men-Kill/dp/0595003990
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 06:18 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Maybe she wasn't the same person at 40 that she was at 20.

Yer correct there eng...and who among us is?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2009 06:52 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Today the death of "Susan Atkins " Charlie Manson follower was announced.

What I didn't know is that Susan was married twice while in prison, once to a Texas millionare and to her late husband of record who was also her attorney.

What is the attraction to a woman who stabbed a pregnant woman to death?

Your take??????

As someone has noted, it's a frequent daftness amongst a certain type of woman.

Sounds as though it's not a gender specific thing.

These people can usually remain pretty charming within the strict structure of prison.

I suppose, too, it's like a fantasy relationship with just enough reality to stoke the fantasy?

I'd not be surprised if her notoriety fuelled a lot of the excitement, too.
0 Replies