What is a Stimulus pachage?

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 08:43 am
Can i get one to start a new Bissness ? I just got a Patent on a new idea to replace Railroad Ties for the New High speed Trains. Shoud i be looking for a Stimulus Package or a Grant ? Ho can Help Me?? [email protected]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,401 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 10:43 am
@Ruston Haughey,
Ho can help you? Possibly. Find yourself a nice Ho and see if she can do anything. I'm sure she'll stimulate you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:11 pm
@Ruston Haughey,
Try looking into getting some venture capital or writing to the administration that runs Amtrak, http://procurement.amtrak.com/dbe-goals, or get a corporate lawyer to try and sell your work to a major railway corporation, CSX, etc....
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:41 pm
@Ruston Haughey,
A patent doesn't mean anyone will want to use it. It only means no one else can use it without paying you for some years.

Venture capital if you want to start and run the manufacturing process yourself. They will take a large share of the profits but you will retain some control.

Licensing if you want someone else to manufacture and you get royalties. A good lawyer is your best hope there.

Selling the patent outright for a lump sum. Again, you need a good attorney to make sure you don't sell it for less than it's worth.

You can try to get a small business loan to start a company but that requires you to do a business plan. Based on your writing here, you need professional help to devise a business plan which would probably involve giving someone a share of the profits for your idea.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 23 Sep, 2009 01:59 pm
@Ruston Haughey,
Rusty - you got the patent from the USPO? It doesn't show up on their database yet, but it takes a while to update it. Congrats anyway.
We would be better able to advise you if you could post more about the technical details, similar to what's usually in the abstract, eg : http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4355578/description.html
0 Replies