do you actually use your garge for your cars?

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:36 am
I read this morning that the majority of amercian home owners wonders only use their garages for storage (not cars).

Foofie, this thread has nothing to do with ethnic easterners, jews, euro-centristis, Israel or kosher pickles.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 2,556 • Replies: 40
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:40 am
@dyslexia,
what's a garge?

(and i love kosher pickles dammit)

I don't park in mine unless there is hail.

it is a workspace.
dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:46 am
yes dickhead, I don't proofread. anyway, in addition, I was watching the telly last night (one of those Buying my first house shows) and the buyers were looking at a house they liked EXCEPT the garage was too small and would need to be replaced, the realtor explained that the house was built in the 1950's when garages were just used for parking cars, not like modern houses.
I'm thinking modern america is based of the premise that success means having so much stuff that one needs a over-sized garage as proof of their success in life.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:49 am
If a garage denotes success, I am an abject failure. I park beneath the trees (and pay for it in globs of resin).
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 11:58 am
@dyslexia,
(know a guy used to wear penis nose glasses, does that count?)

we don't much do success where i live, that's over closer to town.

know what you are sayin' though.

I like the big tall single next to a double, so the RV has a comfy spot.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:32 pm
My dad's garage is the neighbourhood workshop. He's got table saws, a welder, wood, some of it's even new. Cabinets filled with SORTED nails, screws, bolts, thingamajigs, used parts for washer'n'dryers, lawn mowers and tap handles. There are cans of paint, hacksaws, ramps, ropes, and right in the middle, is where he parks his car, but unless you hit the hanging tennis ball just right, you can't open the doors. He's even partitioned the attic space into different work areas, one for plumbing, one for lighting, bicycle repair, camping storage... it goes on. I pity the fool who has to clean it out one day.
eoe

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:34 pm
Both my car and my husbands' car remain in the driveway. Our garage is the storage, workshop and exercise room.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:36 pm
I am looking forward to a garage. Not for my car. But for my extra room. Padding, carpet and a little insulation. Voila. Spare 'living' room Smile
dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:37 pm
@Ceili,
sounds ideal to me.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:41 pm
RH wrote:
(know a guy used to wear penis nose glasses, does that count?)

With such attire, shouldn't it be does that ****?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:44 pm
@Francis,
you better hope lady diane don't see this thread...

(gals find that word dyscomforting)

'course garge could pass for slang...
Francis

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:50 pm
@Rockhead,
The girls will pardon my French..
Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:52 pm
@Francis,
prolly so.

it's that sexy ear thing you got going on, most likely...
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:53 pm
I have a 2 car garage..but only one car in it. The other has some old couches that ex didn't take with him. I'm finding it's a good extra play space for the kitties. Of course I don't discourage them from sharpening their claws on them. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 12:57 pm
@mm25075,
Car........ in garage........ Shocked

nah Razz

never ever ever ever ever...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:05 pm
@dyslexia,
The porpoise is in the use.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:06 pm
@Chumly,
yours is a fish tank, chum?
eoe

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:23 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

I am looking forward to a garage. Not for my car. But for my extra room. Padding, carpet and a little insulation. Voila. Spare 'living' room Smile

Sounds great. Throw a pool/ping pong table down there and a frig and it's Party Central.
Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:44 pm
@eoe,
I gotta ping pong table in mine Razz

and a fridge!

now........ for the party...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 19 Sep, 2009 01:45 pm
No garages here in our townhouse complex. Not even a carport. Just open air parking.

I would agree though that most do use their garage for something other than the parking of a car. I guess folks always like / need a little extra room.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » do you actually use your garge for your cars?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:51:54