Favourite Instruments

thelonious

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:39 pm
hobitbob wrote:
I never could get into Teles. I don't know how others play them, because I always get a corn-pone cousin boinking twang whenever I try to play them.

i used to play guitar, and i owned a Tele. if you use the neck pickup only and roll the treble back a bit, you'll get a great fat warm jazz tone. IMO Teles are a bit touchy, and don't play great out of the box like Strats or Les Pauls. they require a bit of romance. Laughing
lots of great R&R made with the Tele. Jimmy Page used it quite a bit (along with Danelectros) on the first 2 Led Zep. LPs.
i read an interview with the late Stevie Ray Vaughn. he said the only guitar he'd ever regretted giving up was pre-CBS tele.
i'm now a drummer, i own my favorite drums: FIBES. Very Happy as far a cymbals go, i have some old A & K Zildjians. saving for some Bosphorus, or Agops.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:58 pm
My dimebag darrell is a great live guitar but now that I'm recording again with my computer studio, it's to big and unwieldy for sitting down and recording.

I'm not sure what else to get for that because I love the live metal crunch of the dimebag and the wide neck so I'm not giving it up.

I had an rg570 Ibanez and top of the line schecter, but I found the necks a little narrow for me especially the Schecter.

I hate Strats and Les Pauls are okay I guess, but I'm thinking of looking at and trying out an explorer and may switch back to Ibanez.

any thoughts, group?
0 Replies

fluffhead237

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 10:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I hate Strats.

SACRILEGE!! :wink:
0 Replies