Using a proxy with FireFox but can't see video

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:22 pm
There's an internet filter on this computer but it's too restrictive that I can't get on YouTube. I use this proxy Edit (Moderator): URL Removed to get around the filter but whenever I try to watch videos there is a message that says "Download the latest version of Flash Player (or Adobe, Javascript)." I've downloaded them all a million times but can't figure out what the deal is. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 4,466 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:13 pm
@brokencdplayer,
These web proxies work by downloading the pages for you, and then putting them back together and sending them to you.

The error is not due to anything on your computer, the proxy itself doesn't support flash video from Youtube. And most won't, because that costs them a lot more to provide and also is more difficult technically (to intercept the stream and reroute it). If you want to find one that works for youtube you should search for that specifically (e.g. "youtube proxy").
0 Replies