a robbery gone wrong, and an armed victim dead

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:11 pm
Saw this in sports ill, and immediately thought of om sig dave...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/boxing/07/30/forrest.video.ap/index.html

former boxing champ Vernon Forrest was robbed, pulled his gun and gave chase.

seems he then encountered another armed individual, who was previously uninvolved, but the two armed men had words in the dark, and Vernon wound up dead.

now what???

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:20 pm
@Rockhead,
Well maybe if we get all the armed people together, they can shoot it out and we will no longer have any armed people.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Weeeel...in defense of pore ole Dave (who has had me on 'ignore' for quite a while now), seems to me that Forrest's mistake wasn't in drawing his peacemaker but in giving chase after the would-be robber fled. The deterrent had worked just fine; now why aggravate a bad situation by pursuing a fleeing felon? That's a job for the cops.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 01:47 pm
@Merry Andrew,
they took his stuff, just missed the gun.

I agree, Forrest was less than wise...
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 03:54 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Yeah go ahead and be logical.

I still prefer my theory.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 04:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
seems he then encountered another armed individual, who was previously uninvolved, but the two armed men had words in the dark, and Vernon wound up dead.

now what???

Vernon should be charged with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon or being stupid beyond belief and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
Green Witch

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 04:17 pm
@JTT,
You want to charge a dead guy?
JTT

Reply Tue 11 Aug, 2009 05:11 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
You want to charge a dead guy?

I guess I still need some practice on my tongue in cheek stuff/sarcasm, GW. I thought the stupid charge, if not a dead giveaway, would at least point towards sarcasm.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » a robbery gone wrong, and an armed victim dead
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 11:10:53