Acai Berry Scams

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 04:15 am
http://www.ehow.com/how_4690249_avoid-acai-berry-scam.html
I watched a news program about online Acai weight loss scams. Thought you might find this link interesting.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 3,032 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 04:21 am
@edgarblythe,
I heard about a number of people eating bowls of ACai berries with whip cream. That didnt sound good.

How much is an acai berry? and how do we grow em?

The next big weight loss thing is organic Serviceberries which you must pick yourself. Serviceberries grow in a tree and youd have to expend a lot of energy gettin yer fat ass up the tree.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 04:48 am
I am given to understand the acai berry is just a berry, with the antioxidents of several other berries. They only help when the person exercises and eats healthful food.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 05:08 am
i'm always amazed by this kind of stuff, i've bought cranberry/acai juice blends before (100% juice not from concentrate) because cranberry is good for you and the antioxidants are good for you, but i never expected any kind of miracle, i figure the benefits make it a better option than soda
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 09:19 am
@edgarblythe,
The Acai craze seems as uninformed as the smaller Guarana craze that preceeded it.

Both are great and delicious Brazilian staples but are not magical at all. Acai pulp is great frozen with granola. I used to eat that about once a week in Brazil. It looks like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ad/A%C3%A7a%C3%AD.jpg/800px-A%C3%A7a%C3%AD.jpg

I don't get why Acai is promoted for weight loss in America, I think if anything it does the opposite.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 11:40 am
They (promoters) somehow got inspired by whatever Oprah Winfrey does on TV. The craze picked up steam off of that, if I read the signs correctly. But the worst part of it comes down to robbery of credit card users. A single company advertises under multiple web pages, giving an appearance of diversity. They offer a free or greatly discounted bottle, then end by charging your card for three bottles, at 70 or 80 dollars each. Then, monthly, they grab more.
roger

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 12:13 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have heard that from several sources.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 03:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Hmmm...dried ones suddenly appeared in upmarket supermarkets a while back here. Was wondering why.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2009 03:23 pm
My email is rife with offers to buy these things.
0 Replies