The End Of The End (talos)

RexRed

Reply Tue 28 Jul, 2009 11:41 am
Hi to all friends. I have been gone for a bit (writing love songs, recording). Not sure how long I will say around to tend this discussion.

I want to voice my opposition to an out in the world philosophy/religion/political tool. In the last few months I have gone though transformation of mind body and soul. I think I'm a democrat now, but that is another thread entirely. Perhaps I always been a democrat in denial. Smile

The reason why I have awakened from my sleep to post this thread is that I really feel passionate at voicing my love for humanity.

God so loved the world... so why can't I?

To reverse this fear and turn it into love...

I have two stories for you.

One is my best friend who I admire more than i I can say. He came to me and on several occasions remarked how that the news has gotten so bad that the end must assuredly be near. I entertained this idea because he is my friend and I have learned much from him. I mulled it over for a few days then I approached him. I mentioned Nostradamus and then it occurred to me and i asked him how do you really know the end is near? I reasoned, what about the children of today, should they grow up with no hope of a life or to just believe that there is no point because it is all over for them, so eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we will die. He suddenly found a hope himself and lately our outlook has been grand.

The other story is a friend of mine that is a non practicing Jehovah's witness. For a number of years he has always talked to me about a post apocalyptic world as if this world is of no real relevance.

I mentioned all of the prophecies of the book of revelations, about tribulations, four horses of the apocalypse, and the world in utter destruction. My friend seems to have now seen the light.

Well the old testament kept the world in its grasp of fear of divine destruction i.e. of Sodom and Gomorrah, the desolation of desolations and Armageddon in the new testament and two thousand years later the world is still fruitful, relatively peaceful, and we have inhabited the whole earth.

Yet there is still fear of "the end". Why must there be an end? Why must this doom and disaster befall us? Has all of life from the dinosaurs to humankind really been so terrible? If God so loved the world, why does God hate it now?

I personally love the world, I believe in the the goodness of humanity. I believe the future holds greater unconditional love that is boundless, brotherhood and a lasting nurturing of this home we call earth, rather than a place of fear and doom.

Why politics? Becasue both fear and love are often used by our governemts to motivate its people. People need to be motivated from within by truth and hope in themselves.

Nostradamus died without seeing his dire predictions of destruction, agony, death, suffering and intolerance come into fruition.

It has been two thousand years since the authors of the bible wrote these words of warning "the end is near..."

All major religions predict doom for mankind and many believe that is is soon. Considering that at least 80% of the world believe in some sort of doom prophecy for the world it is no wonder that the world cannot find peace.

I suggest that people stop believing in the religion of "the end of the world" and start believing in the science of the perpetuation of life. For if God so loved the world... so should we.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 718 • Replies: 5
No top replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 02:14 pm
Three votes down to bring me to zero... WHAT A WARM WELCOME BACK! This exemplifies why I don't post on this forum anymore... You people here don't deserve me.
djjd62

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 03:04 pm
and this worries you, why?

this is the internet, people (myself included) can be assholes, who cares, anything typed on a screen has no bearing what so ever on the course of your life unless you let it
Sturgis

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 03:10 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
Three votes down to bring me to zero... WHAT A WARM WELCOME BACK! This exemplifies why I don't post on this forum anymore... You people here don't deserve me.
If say you so. Whatever works for you I suppose.
Beside to which you stated first you did not post because you were attempting witing songs and now say your reason is not being back welcomed properly. Decide whch or neither of and get back to us on our deservedness level.

On your opening post I couldn't quite make off with what you were trying to say. It was choppy in wording format.
RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 03:49 pm
@djjd62,
I just don't like my words hijacked, and then set in an inhospitable room where i am powerless to help them. If my words, comments and tags were still in my power and I was moderator of my own posts that would be fine. But a2k takes my moderation rights and gives them to anyone else and bars me from editing my posts after so many minutes. Is this only so I can be made a fool of publicly with no way to change it? Yes... often not sometimes, I make outrageous statements and need to learn a lesson. Do my faults need to aired out with the dirty laundry? Does that element make a2k more attractive a place to a frequent user? After a time enough is enough. Does it endear me to their network being constantly tagged with words like "insanity"? Is that good for business considering I WAS a regular here and i have been purposefully away for many months now?

I made a thread named "penis"... one night while I was "out of sorts".... I guess I am not allowed to make a mistake in judgment... I asked them POLITELY to remove it and they took all the time to reply and say it was ok with them! Err.... #^&#^)&* but it was not ok with me! Although I am proud of my penis... on second thought, I felt i was classier than that! But the penis thread still stands today! a2k IGNORED my wishes... Thanks a2k for not giving a **** about ME!!! I have no rights over my own words! THAT is ludicrous! Why? well, i can only guess that they like me being looked at in a bad light... It must give them a charge... Like a kangaroo court... DISGUSTING... THEY LIKE TO EMPHASIZE MISTAKES and sit looking on like goons at their most loyal patrons embarrassment... they then add it to Google search so when people goggle "rexred and penis" I am first in the list.... The person who put the tag "tiny penis" Google that and rexred and I come up, thanks to a2k's spam tag system for defamation of my loving and gentle character.....

After so much of this, enough is enough. Go lick the gutter somewhere else a2k I will go where it is safer and more conducive to what I am overall actually trying to say and about. This is not able to know this is able to let people mess up then forever be labeled as a penis...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 03:53 pm
@Sturgis,
yes but people still found it in their hearts to vote me down, YET not respond... I will add that someone added the tag word "community"... I liked that very much! It was smart. Whoever added that tag, i admire them. Had I been in charge of MY OWN TAGS i would have kept their suggestion in that case.
0 Replies