HAVE ANY OF YOU LADIES HAD THE SURGERY FOR STRESS INCONTINENCE?

Sglass

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 03:07 pm
I realize this is a rather personal question, but I will be having the procedure done in the near future and I wonder what to expect.

Please PM.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,254 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 03:21 pm
@Sglass,
I haven't had that surgery, but the fellow who wrote a book on some of this was my md; he's well respected. This except from his book, The Incontinence Solution, might be useful for you -

http://www.ghs.org/uploadedFiles/ghsorg/Womens_Hospital/Female_Pelvic_Medicine_and_Reconstructive_Surgery/Do%20I%20Need%20to%20Have%20Surgery%20for%20Urinary%20Incontinence.pdf
Sglass

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 03:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you Osso, I found the article very informtive. It answers most of my questions.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 03:35 pm
@Sglass,
Great - he is such a good doctor, and I liked the way their whole office was run. I'd still go to him if I lived in LA. (He's the surgeon who many years ago got rid of my Incredible Bleeding Fibroid (the Monster from the Blood Lagoon, my description) with a simple resectoscope surgery, not even laparoscopy because of certain circumstances (well, I won't go into details on that).
0 Replies

Always Eleven to him

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2009 04:55 pm
I recently had a TVT procedure done. I was placed under general anesthesia, but I could go home that same day. I experienced some pain in the surgical areas (two small incisions above the pubic bone and an incision in the vagina), but a bit of vicodin took care of that. I'll be having my four-week recheck this week.

I'll be happy to let you know the post-surgical details regarding voiding, etc., but I don't want to bore the list with the details. Please feel free to send me a private message with any questions you have.

So far, I'm very happy that I had the procedure done. This was my second procedure to address stress incontinence, and it seems to have worked quite well.

Good luck with yours.
0 Replies