I Am Sick and Tired Of ........... What About You?

husker

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 02:33 pm
The Mrs tells me that a local grocery store (national chain) continues to mis-charge on the scanners - only she catches it almost everytime. Them folks at the checkout line make you go and stand in another line after you are checked out to get your refund - in some cases it's like $.25 or so - hardly worth the time but the Mrs does it so that they must deal with her. Last week it happened 2 times.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 04:18 pm
sick and tired of my ******* boss.

of my WORK, for that matter.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:04 pm
sick and tired of people organizing my mess out of existence.
0 Replies

angie

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:21 pm
I am sick and tired of ....

.... the search for meaning in life.

.... George Bush.

.... Bill O'reilly.

.... stress.

.... bigotry.

.... one-day sales.

.... Ben and Jen.

.... food shopping.

.... the book in my head that will never be written

.... winter, already.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 06:56 pm
I'm sick and tired of idiot parents who bring their sick kids to class. Discussion at sozlet's class today:

A Mom: Raegan (yes, that's a name, I'm sick of idiot names too but that's another story) seems quiet today.

Idiot Parent: Yeah, she's tired.

AM: She's usually zipping around.

IP: Well, I've had really bad bronchitis for a few weeks, and I'm pretty sure she's coming down with it.

Shocked

THEN WHY IS SHE AT THE CLASS?? ("She" referring to either the IP or the kid.)

The sozlet had a terrible cold-into-ear-infection that lasted quite a while, she *just* finished the second run of antibiotics, I'm going to be SO pissed if she gets sick again right now.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 07:36 pm
Soz, it drives me nuts too. I think parents aren't dealing with their kids because they can't take time off work. they think they are exposing their kids to colds and flus on purpose to help bolster their kids' immunities. I get all the colds from 2 seperate classrooms.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 08:38 pm
But this is a parent-and-kid class. 1.5 hrs. Not a can't get off from work thing. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

But yeah, bet that happens with older kids. That sucks about getting colds from both of 'em. Blech. Hopefully cold season will be over soonish...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 08:56 pm
Im sick and tired of people who cant/shouldnt drive.
you would think that a whole mile commute wouldnt irritate me....and thats the thing about it..Im more irritated with the idots in that mile back and forth everyday then I was with the 2 mph 14 mile drive into the city.
argh.
And SUV drivers. I think anyone with an SUV should have to prove why they cant do with say a pick up or station wagon. They should also not be allowed to talk on their cell, drive in the left lane, or park in anything other than a lot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:00 pm
They're hard to see around in lots too...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:04 pm
all together now, SUVs suck!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:05 pm
actually, I've seen a good number of SUVs that have been keyed in this town. Verrrry interestink.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 09:19 pm
hehehehe....I would love to see SUVs keyed...it would be a lovely sight to behold.

Okay..so the SUVs are hard to see around in the lots as well however...when in one of the worst cities to drive and park in they cant find or navigate into a space..they just double park

argh.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2003 11:13 pm
I hate SUVs. Especially driving behind them in rush hour. I always try to get three or four cars in front of me so I have a good field of view. But then, I drive a big ol' minivan myself. But then, I have five kids, a dog and a wife. So I'd say mine's justified.

I too hate idiots who drive. I could rant on and on about drivers here in KC. . .but I won't. That subject is for another thread, devoted all to itself.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 06:55 am
im sick an tired of people coming up with lame reasons to hate SUVs. Ok, the Porsche, bMW, LExus, Cadillac and some other "see me cars" they just dont make any sense cause their ground clearance doesnt even allow them off the roads. But a good ol workin Jeep (even a unimog or a Hummer) all beat up from driving through gates rather than getting out to open them, with barbed wire wrapped around the front diff, full of empties and maps. thats a workin car and many of us need em. So lets not make a class war out of this
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 08:01 am
On SUV's: Be sick and tired of the idiot drivers, not the vehicle. <nods on crappy drivers in general>

I am sick and tired of unclever, over-obvious, manipulative advertising, but hey, that's the clientele, I suppose.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 08:20 am
People moving to California, building houses in areas where there was desert and planting their east coast or midwestern plants.

Then they whine when it burns and beg for government help.

For example I lived in the San Diego area over 20 years. The fire conflagration stories in the canyons of LA where the only ones that I can remember. Those folks solved most of the problems by planting native succulent plants clearing away dry brush.

Not planting eucalyptus ever - it was imported from Australia years ago and grows like a weed. Knocks out natural vegetation succulansts and redwoods.

And I cry for the people losing homes. But they are paying the price for choosing to ignore that the really live in a desert 10 miles in from the coast not a tropical oasis.

The closest I ever came to a great huge fire was in early 1970. A January or Feburary Santa Ana. if I remember correctly. During the day the sky was dark grey, no sun at all. And the ash fell like snow flakes.

Forget about breathing. It lasted for three days. We were scared and kept the roof of our house watered.

We were not evacuated. But at that time we thought we were in the far out burbs now that very same area is called close in!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 01:48 pm
Joanne. I feel that way about people building houses on barrier islands and moving beachfront. When Noreasters and spring floods as well as the inevitable results of sea level rise, wipes these houses out, I have to help pay for their damn reconstruction., through rising insurance and fed flood insurance.

yeh eucalyptus trees are like turpentine bushes. I lived up north in half-moon bay some years ago. The eucalyptus made the whole place smell like cat piss, and I tried taking some trees out thatbwere too close to my house. Neighbors gave me crap . After I explained that I didnt want a flash fire near my house they still took me to the council for adjutication. I cut the trees down before the case was on the docket.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 02:59 pm
sozobe wrote:
A Mom: Raegan (yes, that's a name, I'm sick of idiot names too but that's another story)

ok somehow that made me grin out loud

(you cant grin out loud, i know. but in my world you can.)

Cav - I wouldnt blame the vehicle, oh no - I'd blame the ego's who buy 'em!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 03:13 pm
i am sick and tired of growing Eucalyptus trees where there are no Koalas. What the heck is the point.....Horehound works just fine for cough candies.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2003 03:23 pm
Quote:
I lived up north in half-moon bay some years ago.

beautiful place until the golf course and hotel went in. no place better to watch surfers take on waves that are way to big for 'em.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:11:14