I Am Sick and Tired Of ........... What About You?

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
All those temporary class rooms in the school yards of this country while home owners complain about there tax rates.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,487 • Replies: 80
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 04:18 pm
In Pa , the legislature passed a rule that the local School Board must act as general contractor for all new school construction. What this does is prevent Taj Mahals from being built by some politically connected A/E firm.
having been in a number of school curriculum fights , we always have to wait until the budget meetings are over in the States Ed Board. Little do the ed boards know that theyre getting totally screwed by the Architects.
Why? because when someone askes for a bid and cost document for construction, the numbers are always like 5 Million or 10 million EVEN. That means that they are pulling all these numbers out of their asses.
A little accountability and personal responsibility is what is needed. School boards are mostly composed of people who are well meaning but totally innocent of capability in the areas they are being asked to govern.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 04:30 pm
I agree, Joanne.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 05:49 pm
Dallas is making me nuts.

I am sick and tired of the traffic, the air pollution, and the idiots walking around talking on their cells so loud you know their whole deal. It is especially annoying when the ram you in the rear end in the stores because they are walking and talking and looking at stuff.

I could have this in D.C., and the museums are free.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:51 pm
But you wouldn't have Ray Wylie Hubbard, Joanne.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:56 pm
I am sick and tired of spending a good part of my life waiting in doctors' offices. Between my mother, my husband and myself, I have sat in a doctor's office every day this week, and am going to the doctor tomorrow.
Yeechh!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 06:59 pm
Aw Phoenix I feel you pain. I cannot stand the smell of the doctors office or of hospitals. Today I am not sick and tired of any thing I am just so excited about going to Austin tomorrow and finding this internet coffee bar in Garland TX where they have cable.

Wait I just thought of something I am sick and tired of since I am now headed home. I am sick and tired of the 56k dial up computer I have to use at home. It makes me nuts.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:13 am
one night stands Sad
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:41 am
...the choice between a boring quiet evening and a hungover next-morning...
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:24 am
I am sick and tired of birthdays that seem to be coming more frequently. Are years getting shorter? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:36 am
... asylum-seeker haters and fearers and all those people who just dont seem to care. "Just doing our job".

... feeling like this.

... having trudged around half the city now and not being able to find a decently looking flowerpot. Where the hell do people buy their flowerpots?

(Which all just goes to show that one can feel sick and tired on many different levels ;-)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:39 am
I am getting sick and tired of being lied to by politicians.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 06:43 pm
I'm sick and tired of homework.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:36 pm
people who smacker [word?] each other on the cheeks when they meet - that is, they kiss each other on the cheeks when they meet, but they dont, of course, actually kiss each other (they just pretend as if) - but instead, they make the supposedly accompanying sounds - you know? "mmmwah! mmmwah!"

brrrr ... awful awful awful. usually seen to be done by, say, sorority students, or young women who were sorority students once - or who work in, say, temping agencies and the like. i cant tell whether they only do it when meeting up in public places (always throwing a glance around at who else is around and could - or should - be looking), or whether they'd do it at home when welcoming a friend, as well. probably would, too. depressing.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:38 pm
. . . of waking up sick and tired.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:40 pm
Texas, Texas, and Texas, sheesh these people make me nuts.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:51 pm
I am sick and tired of the way women give you dirty looks when you snatch their purse. And the ones who scream and actually chase after you... they drive me friggin' nuts.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 05:55 pm
I'm sick and tired of not getting any nookie at home, but not being allowed to get any out in the world.....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 07:52 pm
What, where is squinny?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 07:55 pm
she's here and she isn't......where I'm concerned.... Crying or Very sad

and that's all I'll say out of respect for her
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Am Sick and Tired Of ........... What About You?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 06:37:21