• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 2,008 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 11:32 pm
@tops,
How are you getting keyloggers on your machine? Are you downloading software from the internet, or getting emails with attachments?

It seems to me that if you practice safe internet use, keyloggers shouldn't be a problem. This would include not downloading files from shady sites, not opening email attachments and (most importantly) installing and using a good virus protection software.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 08:24 am
@tops,
Yes how in the hell are you getting three keyloggers in a week?

You might also wish to increase your security with a program such as process guard that will not allow global hooks to be place by software and run your internet browser in sandboxie so nothing that happen by way of your browser can effect your OS.

But once more how in the hell can you get three keyloggers in a week time period! Not even someone running a honey pot should be hit that often with keyloggers!

Is this a work computer that many people had access to it? We need more information concern the OS and the enviroment that this computer is working in.

tops

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:45 pm
@BillRM,
my os:windows xp
yes,some people used my computer,i think
tops

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 11:57 pm
@tops,
can i use a keylogger myself to have a record of what's happening in my computer? does that do harm to my computer??
BillRM

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2009 02:51 am
@tops,
Ok if you are running XP there is a program call steady state that you can download from Microsoft for free that will not allow any change to the computer to become permanent without your permission and it will go back to it old state at every boot up.

It is used for computers running in libraries etc.

Or you can lock the whole computer with a free program like truecrypt so that no one can boot or change the hard drive except you by encrypting the whole drive once you shut it down.

Or you can used a program that a cost of 30 dollars or so call process guard that can also prevent any new software of any kind from running unless you allow it.

All this is is assuming this is your computer and not a company computer and you are free to install any programs you may wish to on it.

And yes you can also purchase keyloggers programs yourself and a google search will find them.

Now there are hardware keyloggers that can be place on a computer or on a computer keyboard connection that no software solution will aid you in.

So we still need a little more details to help you out.
0 Replies

EmmaL

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 08:23 pm
@tops,
Quote:
can i use a keylogger myself to have a record of what's happening in my computer? does that do harm to my computer??

Some keyloggers are safe , like the child-control software, and they will not do harm to your computer.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 16 Feb, 2011 03:11 am
Why the hell would you do your own programming as there are dozens of such programs out there on the net with free versions.
0 Replies