how do you get around needing a co-signer?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:10 pm
Is there any possible ways to get around this?

also, do they credit check the co-signer too?

im sure it depends, im looking for a general answer not so much specifics..

so if in generalt hey do then yeah. hehe...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,263 • Replies: 5
No top replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:12 pm
@OGIONIK,
**** umm..

reading alot of material...

a good quote for finding a co-signer is "start with friends family, and fools"

HAHAHA.. what the fu...
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:30 pm
@OGIONIK,
Lying or falsifying information about a co-signer or inventing one would be fraud.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 03:36 pm
@contrex,
i was hoping more of ways that i wouldnt need one, but i guess yeah if i need one then i have to get one, or i dont get what i applied for which sorta sucks...

a lot.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:19 pm
Why are you in need of a co-signer? Is it because your own credit is so bad that no one will lend to just you or is it that you have no credit history and need a co-signer to help get a start in establishing a credit history?

Rather than a co-signer, work on improving your credit history so you don't run into this problem in the future. If you have no credit history, start by applying for local department store or gas station credit cards and make a few small charges to them that you take only two months to pay off. Think about saving some money and then applying for a secure credit card that is secured by the balance in your savings account. That will be the start of a good history of credit.

Some other ideas excerpted from here:

http://www.kiplinger.com/columns/drt/archive/2008/dt080319.html

Quote:
It can be tougher if young people are on their own and have no credit history, but it's getting easier. Fair Isaac, which compiles the FICO credit score, has also developed its Expansion Score, which uses nontraditional information, such as how an applicant pays for rent and other recurring bills.

You can also build your own payment history at Payment Reporting Builds Credit, an alternative credit bureau that gathers data on rent and recurring payments for cable, cell phone, insurance, utility and other bills. Enter your info into a Web file, which PRBC charges a fee of $15 to $20 to verify, or set up an automatic bill-payment system through your bank or credit union and have the records sent to PRBC.

The surest way to get credit if you don't have it is to apply for a secured card at a site such as Credit.com or CardTrak.com. With a secured card, you make a savings deposit equal to your credit limit. Secured cards generally charge high interest rates plus an annual fee. Steer clear of cards that have setup fees.

But after paying your bills on time for about a year, you could qualify for unsecured status and better terms.
OGIONIK

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:51 pm
@Butrflynet,
both, i was applying for credit to buy a computer, and i apllied to every one i found in a matter of a week, my score is like low 400's or high 300's lol.

yeah, its bad.and i really have no credit history either, and by the time i will have one its gonna be like 2 years at the least i imagine from my knowledge of the credit system.

plus some debt i owe, i have the majority paid off, i think now it was smart to pay that off rather than hope i find a full-time job and get my own place and save the money for it, it would been a year until i found this job which is guaranteed full time...

i tried to rent an apartment and they said i needed a co signer, neither my mom nor dad said yes, i was just hoping there was an alternative, but i mean yeah, its fine if there isnt.

ill just deal with it.

get my credit better, and uhh, hope i dont need a co-signer, but..

around here, i live in the magic strip of houses that cut across the city from the north to the south following "eastern avenue"

they cahrge typically 1000-1200 a month for a 3-4 bedroom

and they negotiate alot on the down payments ,rent and they usually dont credit check or ask for references of any kind except sometimes they want something to let them know u actually have a job lol..

so im trying to premptively find out stuff about what can happen etc..
0 Replies