John Holdren's view of the world

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 07:37 am
http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/

Quote:

Forced abortions. Mass sterilization. A "Planetary Regime" with the power of life and death over American citizens.

The tyrannical fantasies of a madman? Or merely the opinions of the person now in control of science policy in the United States? Or both? ...........
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 767 • Replies: 7
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 07:38 am
it's about time, how about retroactive abortions, can we get those too
gungasnake

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 08:20 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
it's about time, how about retroactive abortions, can we get those too

There's always carbon monoxide, like the story of the demoKKKrat terrorist who was ordered to blow up a school bus and burned his lips on the exhaust pipe.....
Thomas

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 03:44 pm
Well, some people say there's a time for everything -- so this must be the one time for me to agree with you on something, Gungasnake. John Holden is not my favorite scientist at all, for the reasons the article you linked to outlines. I, too, am unhappy Obama appointed him as his science tsar.
farmerman

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 09:08 pm
@Thomas,
We must recall that Holdren was listed as third author on th1977 book. Paul Ehrlich and his wife are the lead authors.
Now, having said that, the concept of "carrying Capacity" of ecosystems was what the book was concerned with and , I wonder whether youve actually read the book GUNGA?

As director of Woods Hole he has directed their mission to include several contemporary areas of concern on the planetary system other than fishies. Hes one of a few quasi govt appointees in the Bush years that hadnt disgraced himself. hadnt
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 11 Jul, 2009 09:29 pm
We cant just keep on increasing population forever. At some point the ecosystem ceases to support the population density.

I suspect this will first be manifested as a reduction in living standards.

I have often wondered (on average) what acreage is needed to support a person and how that could be quantified given the need for a functioning ecosystem.

I guess it depends rainfall as well. Water and carbon are the key elements
farmerman

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 04:58 am
@dadpad,
Richard Leakey did a similar book on "SUSTAINABILITY of the EARTH as an ECOSYSTEM". He concluded that 10 billion is a carrying capacity that will trigger famines, wars, plague etc, and that SOME FORM of population control, no matter how it sounds , will have to be planned.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 12 Jul, 2009 05:01 am
@gungasnake,
Christ al-bloody-mighty! You really are are an idiotic wanker.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » John Holdren's view of the world
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 12:50:19