Anne Rice - interview with the vampire

dmart

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 10:44 am
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me? I purchased Interview with the vampire by Anne Rice used. It is a hard cover with dust jacket. The dust jacket cover is gold with white writing outlined in red. The word Vampire is in Black with red outline. It does not look like a new print . On the inside it says it is
a " book club edition " . It has no ISBN # , nor date of print. copyright date of 1976 and published by Alfred A. Knopf. the book goes to page 310 and does not apperar to have any missing pages but it stops at a place where the story should continue. The last 3 pages are blank with no page numbers. Can anyone Help Me figure this one out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,305 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:33 am
@dmart,
Mistakes are made. There was probably a error at the time the book was printed and was not caught until after the book was bound. These are usually returned to the publisher by the bookstore if they are not caught earlier. Book clubs editions tend to be very cheap and are not as well proofed.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 11:36 am
in case your wondering how it ends, the butler did it
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 07:58 pm
I have the same one. It probably came from the Science Fiction Book Club

sfbc.com

I don't think mine is missing any pages though. The one you have must have just been a printing error. I have gotten a different book that had a similar problem and they shipped me a new one, but I am a member of the club and had proof of the original order.
0 Replies