What is the BEST type of attorney to hire for a defamation complaint filed against me?

Reply Tue 23 Jun, 2009 11:54 pm
I had a complaint of defamation filed against me. I'm curious what is the BEST type of attorney to defend me? Since it was a craigslist rant, should I get an atty that specializes in the internet? Should/Can I also request a judge for special circumstances, it is complicated believe it or not, technically speaking. General opinions accepted too!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,250 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 04:36 am
@2415Tooltime,
If you are really bringing suit, Id refrain from much discussion about your suit on the net since almost anything you have in your internet accounts by you or others may be discoverable , especially since youre using the technology to seek help with identifying attorneys. If you get into some kind of discussions in which you have give and take on your suit, the defenses attorney may just love that openness.

Watch the words you use also, anything you say will be used...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 08:07 am
@2415Tooltime,
As you indicate from your previous threads on this issue, you've indicated that you already HAVE an atttorney and there is an ongoing case . This is a bit confusing. Care to explain? If you are pursuing this in court, then haven't you signed a contract with the lawyer agreeing for the lawyer to represent you? Seems likely the questions you want asnwered are best answered by a lawyer. Also worth considering is the fact that anything specific that you divulge here might come back to haunt you and hurt your case.

A lawyer involved with labor issues most likely would be someone who also is involved with issue involving technology as well. Any time you interview a labor lawyer, that question on technology should be part of your inquiry process.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 08:21 am
Stop the presses: I just did a google search and typed in keywords 'libel and defammation' and this is what turned up:

(Disclaimer: I don't endorse or know whether or not the firm is effective or if their reputation is good. Also, I'm not sure if this exactly suits your particular case, but it's surely headed in right direction. Possibly they canr efer you to a lwayer or they have a lawyer on their staff that is tailor-made for this type of law)

Internet Reputation Management

http://www.internet-reputation-management.com/files/defamation.html?gclid=CJfQjPOLo5sCFZJM5QodbU0oqg

Internet Defamation

What you can do to fight back

Also, wouldn't it possible to just delete your entry on Craiglist? Wouldn't that eliminate the problem? Tehre seems to be a lot of info missing (for me, at least).
Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 08:28 am
@Ragman,
Found it! Here's a link re the previous site to their legal department:

http://www.internet-reputation-management.com/need-a-lawyer.html

Here's an excerpt from their webpage:

"Another course of action is to work with a lawyer who is skilled at reputation management matters and who may be able to deal directly with your antagonist or your antagonist's agents -out of court--to convince them to remove offending web pages without filing a lawsuit."
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 12:59 pm
A personal injury attorney versed in first amendment rights

so saith my wife, an attorney.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 02:15 pm
You have already received info on A2K in your recent threads from member JoefromChicago who IS an attorney. Have you followed his advice?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 06:23 am
Kuvasz is right. Also, it's highly doubtful that you can do too much judge-shopping, and I'm sure your oh so complicated case can be handled by someone who's seen toxic torts and/or medical malpractice or maritime claims.
0 Replies

aryary

Reply Tue 26 Mar, 2013 06:14 am
@2415Tooltime,
I think you could not approach a judge directly, it would be better for you to hire a lawyer examining his quality and previous track record and consult your case with him.
0 Replies

aryary

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2013 03:10 am
@2415Tooltime,
As What I could make out of your post is that your case falls under a very basic legal issue and any lawyer could handle it.
0 Replies