i hired an illegal alien yesterday.

raprap

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 10:00 pm
@ebrown p,
In that case I'd rather go to Canada, at least then I would have health insurance.

I gave two years to this country and I'll admit I was lucky as it didn't involve leaving any body parts.

Right now though what I need right now though is employment-- being on the verge of homelessness can lead a person to acts of desperation.

Rap
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 10:25 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

i was sitting in my chair in the front yard and this ilegal alien drove up, he offered to prune my front and back yard trees. i hired him on the spot and paid him $250, I guided him in how i wanted the trees pruned and afterwards he did an excellent job cleaning up. He spend about 3 1/2 hours.

So, which cabinet post do you think you will get?

I think you are probably in line for Secretary of State. You didn't pay FICA and you hired an illegal.
msolga

Reply Fri 19 Jun, 2009 10:38 pm
@parados,
I had to Google FICA to find out what you were talking about, Parados.

Quote:
FICA
Definition:
The federal law which requires employers to withhold a portion of employee wages and pay them to the government trust fund which provides retirement benefits. An acronym for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. More commonly known as social security.

Still not quite sure about what you're getting at in of the rest of your post, though. Wrong country. Wink Never mind ...
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 12:54 am
dys, could you please find out what he charges for digging tunnels/
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 20 Jun, 2009 06:31 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:
You (not just you, Nick) honestly think that this would be typical pay for this worker, for this type of work? You don't think, perhaps, that his "employer" was attempting to be fair & non-exploitative? Generous, even? I wonder how many other jobs that worker did that week & at what level of pay? And how many mouths he has to feed?

I think we have to give some credit to this guy for spotting some tree trimming that might need to be done, walking up to a stranger on his porch and landing the job. Door to door sales is a tough line of work. Apparently he got paid for his sales skill as well as his tree trimming skill. Maybe he really only earned $10/hour for his labor, but the rest was commission on his sale Smile
0 Replies