How would you feel?

Mame

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:20 pm
@Setanta,
You're right, Set, but in my experience, both as a shop steward/union president and as a manager, very few people have the balls or energy to do that.
BorisKitten

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 03:37 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
...documented infractions by an employee, and proceeded from verbal warning, to written warning, to one day suspension, to three day suspension, and finally to dismissal for cause...

Totally agree with Set here.

It doesn't take that much effort to type a few words when someone fucks up at work; this would free you from her at the workplace.

Still this would not solve her driving problem. I've lived in Florida for almost 40 years now, and find the elderly to be the most frightening drivers ever. I can't even count the number of times these drivers have killed other people.

From what I've heard, AARP in FL has quite a bit of lobbying power, thus enabling these folks to keep their licenses far past advisable limits.

My own stepfather was one of them (since moved out of state). I still recall the argument he and my mother had about what, exactly, they'd run over while driving: He thought it was a log, she thought it was a "two-tiered coffee table." Think: "You SAID it was a log!..."

Cripes. At least it wasn't a person.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:16 pm
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
was. autobahn does not have unlimited speed anymore. for good reasons.

It's all Einstein's fault. 200,000,000 miles per second, and not a bit more!

Seriously -- when I last visited Germany in January, I still drove on stretches without speed limits. Is there really a general speed limit now? I can't believe this could have happened without major public discussions, or that I didn't notice those discussions.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:43 pm
@Thomas,
Hey!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:53 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

can't she, eventually, be fired for cause?

yes.....eventually.

ok, here's the situation.

The enabler I mentioned was the direct supervisor Ms. Worthless for a long time. Didn't get in anyone's way, had her specific duties she handled with a bare minimum of competentcy. When Ms. Enabler moved up the ladder Ms. W, whenever she was made to understand she wasn't performing tasks correctly, she would run crying to Ms. E with "how mean everyone was being" At the same time, her disability was increasing, need I say more?

Yeah, things should have gone another way, but they didn't. Ms. W is not at a high enough level to go out on a limb over her.

She's a small pebble in a shoe you don't wear that often.

chai2

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 06:56 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

You're right, Set, but in my experience, both as a shop steward/union president and as a manager, very few people have the balls or energy to do that.

yeah, it's not so much the balls, as the energey expended that would be more usefully used elsewear.

ya gotta choose what hill you want to die on, and she wouldn't be worth it.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 07:04 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I know I've told this here before, but that reminds me of a dim bulb who used to work here. When asked "do you kegel" she said...

yeah, but I don't get HBO.

So are you saying you own a "snapper"...if so hang on to that thing, it's worth lot of money.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2009 05:21 am
@chai2,
Quote:
She's a small pebble in a shoe you don't wear that often.

Excellent metaphor . . . i know exactly what you mean . . .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 10:57:38