hip hop and Jurassic 5

Tyrius

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 01:45 pm
Has anyone heard of them? I bet you have. THey are a great group of hip hop artists. This is the kind of hip hop i like to listen to with, Common and Pharcyde, K-Os and Slum Village.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,342 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 03:57 pm
Dangit! I thought this was about Crichton.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:23 pm
What are some of their songs. Ill take a listen
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 04:32 pm
Nah, I was thinking Michael Crichton, the author of the Jurassic Park books.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:31 pm
Oh lol....
Did he write timeline that was one great book
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:39 pm
Yep, he wrote it. The "de Kere" part of my nickname is from that book. I didn't like it too much, just happened to have read it right before choosing the name. If you liked Timeline read Sphere, that's his best one.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:47 pm
Jurassic 5, yeh!

I had an album of theirs on tape for a long time, never really caught on with it. But then I downloaded one of its songs from Kazaalite (without realising I already had it) - and we've come to love it.

Its "Concrete Schoolyards". 's Really understated, somehow, li'l soulful, but the more you listen to it, the more you gotta like the lyrical genius that goes with the gentle spirit:

Lets take you back to the concrete streets
Original beats with real live MC's
Playground tactics no rabbit-in-a-head tricks
Just that classic rap **** from Jurassic

They even get the Hindenburg in there ;-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 04:48 pm
Thats a cool sig system you got going on there, btw, Tyrius. Howz'it work?
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:17 pm
goto http://www.projectjen.net/winamp/ and click winamp and it has instructions on how it works. If you liek j5 try listening to Souls of Mischief - Step to my Girl and Cabfare. I just discovered them last nite.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:18 pm
Sorry that wasnt a good explanation. What happens is anytime im listening to Winamp it sends the song back to a server and can be displayed in forums.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 08:07 pm
You can also run that kind of code off your machine though it is a little more advanced to do so.

Tyrius,

Is there a smaller or transparent image to use? I ask because sig images are supposed to be small or discreet (see mine).
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:48 pm
hey tyrius, i downloaded some souls of mischief stuff, they sound kinda cool. cabfare is cute. of the stuff i got i like "batting practice" and "bombing", track they did with blackalicious, too.

perhaps i got something you like, too. i only just downloaded the track two three days ago and i LOVE it : "70s 80s", by nightmares on wax.

it kinda goes with j5's concrete schoolyards, in mood. i been trying to buy the 12", but its sold out and deleted, seems. bummer.
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:38 pm
Jurassic 5 are HUGE here in Oz. They're in the country right now for the summer festival season. We have a great emerging Hip Hop scene here. Some good ones to listen for are Two Up, Butterfingers (if you have a broad mind, listen to 'Everytime'), Hilltop Hoods, Downsyde......
...here's a good link....

http://www.ozhiphop.com/
0 Replies

jillamanda

Reply Thu 23 Oct, 2003 08:40 pm
oh, and I almost forgot - must give a shameless plug to a jazz/hiphop band in Chicago.....

www.jdavistrio.com
0 Replies