jespah

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 11:21 am
While thousands of people lose their jobs, homes and/or health insurance, or are forced to make do with less, Brooks Brothers is happily offering the following item for sale: Yes, it's really $1198.00.

Or, if that proves too rich for your blood, you can grab one pair of these, but I do hope you are not so gauche that you won't forget to also get one of these to go along with it.

Now, I do not begrudge these people their cash, provided they came across it honestly. And I also don't begrudge Brooks Brothers for their attempt to make a buck or thousand. But in a lousy economy, such items seem even more absurd than they do in, well, good economic times.

Hence I ask, my friends, for you to post your own discoveries of excesses and more than slightly conspicuous consumption. As always, and it should not have to be mentioned, this is not an invitation to spam.

Although, of course, if you can figure out how to get people to pay a grand for a stick of gum, do let me know how you're doing that. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 2
No top replies

chai2

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:11 pm
But jes....the shipping is comlimentary!!

my, that's a lovely chopstick holder Mrs. Cleaver.

It seems clothing retailers are doing well in the market.
Aeorpostale has gone from 15.50 in Jan to 36 today - I bought some of them a couple days ago.
Joseph Banks has got all the buy singles going on too.

Brook Bros. belongs to Marks & Spencer, I should check them out.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 12:12 pm
@jespah,
There's so much to choose from...
back later with some choices.
0 Replies